• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet went poof

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I was riding my windrunner which I bought from UO store and training taming. I tamed an animal, went to click it so I could bring up menu and release it and have windrunner kill it. But I accidently released the windrunner. As soon as it went wild, it disappeared. :(

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All pet's are super special since pub 97, desperately need an option/npc that makes a pet a favourite which at the very least filters it to be at top of the stable and is impossible to release until it is removed from favourites, windrunner/lasher auto fav!

All the best on getting it back through support.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Yes, I paged a GM and filled out form at website but I got a feeling there is nothing I can do. I should of had it on a pet ball. Thanks for your sympathy.

I know what happened, i've been trying to use the EC lastely, and had it super zoomed out to see a large area and pets where basically on top of each other(my windrunner and animal I just tamed).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are pets that go poof when you release them. Please leave your dread mare in the stables!

Do not release your pets.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Don't release your pets.
Isn't that how you raise taming before 90, tame, release, kill, repeat? LOL

Well, that's $10 bucks down the drain(cost of 1000 sovereigns). :mad:

I never really wanted it as a regular pet anyhow. When I started back about a year ago, I saw it with charger and that unicorn and thought they were ethy mounts. I was really mad and ended up buying a charger anyway, just to have an ethy before I got my horse ehty through vet rewards and gave the windrunner to my tammer. She trained it(skills, not percent) but was nothing but a lesser tank(had over 500 hp or str I think and pretty good resists for a 1 slot) but it only did 1-4 damage.

So, even with 100 in all its fighting skills, it took forever just to kill a bear or something. I tamed a regular ozy(not frenzied) that one hit most regular animals and wasn't even trained or skilled. Because it killed things so fast, it hardly ever got hurt.

Now that I have better pets, I really had little use for the windrunner and gave it to my secondary account tamer(for mainly transferring pets between chars on main act and rezzing). It was this secondary tamer that was using it on Ice Island(dagger) while training his taming.

If you read all that I salute you. :p

Last edited:

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
What really grinds my gears is that I had a tamer 10 years ago with 120 real/base tame, vet & lore and some barding skills(forgot which) on an account that I forgot the info to, so had to start all over. And this was before primers or masteries. Luckily this time, I only had to go to 90 before using the book to train.

PS I have never used a token to start skills, Most skills I started with 0 or some that I knew would be hard 50 at most. I mean I use soulstones everyday, I wouldn't play if it wasn't for me stones matey. ;)

Last edited: