• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Vendor Stalls : Are they worth it in low pop shards?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I noticed some of the stalls have the same 20M, 10M, 300k, etc pets for MONTS now.
I wonder if the sellers realize they are paying up a huge price on rental fees for these?
I think for some you can estimate they are paying millions in rentals with no sales?
Same issue as the regular player vendors in peoples houses?
( I realize that paying 5-10 M in sales fees/rentans etc is nothing to some people with plats in bank but for the rest of the mortal world, these fees can drain the bank account)
Would be nice if the fee for the sale is charged on point of sale?

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I scratched my head when looking at pets for sale. Most of them are not good quality compared to what you can get by clearing spawns to get a good one. I was very disappointed but I am on a low population server.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have to remember sometimes tamers use the stalls as additional storage too. That is where the high prices may come in. Our guild uses a lot of them for storage of things we will likely train in the future. Or pets we are using to test various things

As for the quality. People i know that tame for selling tame whatever they get and put it up there for rockbottom prices. To have those species of pets available for tamers. People who tame to tame high quality ones usually list for a lot higher prices due to the time it takes to farm.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering what a trained 5 slot RC+AI Fire Beetle with no PS (but enough TP left for them) would sell for. Was thinking about taming 5 Fire Beetles, training their skills to GM and leveling them to 5 slots, and selling them. I think they'd probably sell (not sure on the price), considering how much a pain in the ass it is to train one from 1 to 5 slots.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not sure about other shards... but with all the returning players.. a few people on LS have been selling them in the 25-30mill range.( seen some sell in the 50 mill and above range too). more then likely could get a better price on atl or a higher pop shard..as they do require a painful road to get to that point..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering what a trained 5 slot RC+AI Fire Beetle with no PS (but enough TP left for them) would sell for. Was thinking about taming 5 Fire Beetles, training their skills to GM and leveling them to 5 slots, and selling them. I think they'd probably sell (not sure on the price), considering how much a pain in the ass it is to train one from 1 to 5 slots.
We trained one to 5 for a charity auction on our home shard (proceeds going to a town stone for buffs on our shard) We put a 120 wrestling and the remainder of 110 scrolls on it, enough points for 120 scrolls and another 100 health. Set the reserve at 30 mill and............ crickets. One person bid because they knew we trained good pets, and they thought they got a steal. Everyone else was surprised at the cost.

Hopefully you play somewhere they appreciate well trained pets and the time they take to train them

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
We trained one to 5 for a charity auction on our home shard (proceeds going to a town stone for buffs on our shard) We put a 120 wrestling and the remainder of 110 scrolls on it, enough points for 120 scrolls and another 100 health. Set the reserve at 30 mill and............ crickets. One person bid because they knew we trained good pets, and they thought they got a steal. Everyone else was surprised at the cost.

Hopefully you play somewhere they appreciate well trained pets and the time they take to train them
IMO this as way underpriced if you add the scroll prices alone, not to mention the massive pain and time to train a 1-5 pet! Should have been possibly 45-60 M? not sure, also would depend on the buyer market? I hope Im not overboard again Khael..

Gardo

Journeyman
On Drachenfels, I tame beetles, lessers and cu’s and put them on my vendor for low/reasonable prices and a couple people buy them and put them on their vendors for like double my price. And they sit there for weeks and weeks.... I’m okay with it because the animals are nothing special generally and apparently they’re the only pet buyers on my shard... lol

North_LS

Journeyman
I thought they'd do well, but i had a 5-slot trained, gm-skilled beetle on my vendor for months and no bites. started pricing at 30m, lowered it incrementally to 10m before deciding i wouldnt take less for the effort that went into it. During that timeframe i sold a dozen+ 5-slot trained and gm-skilled cus for 10m each.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought they'd do well, but i had a 5-slot trained, gm-skilled beetle on my vendor for months and no bites. started pricing at 30m, lowered it incrementally to 10m before deciding i wouldnt take less for the effort that went into it. During that timeframe i sold a dozen+ 5-slot trained and gm-skilled cus for 10m each.
Yeah, unfortunately most people don't seem to realize just how powerful Fire Beetles are, and go for the ubiquitous Cu Sidhe, even though the Cu Sidhe is neither the best tank pet (unless it has Feint), nor the best DPS pet.