• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Training slot jumping?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tamed a 2 slot najasaurus (i did this on test center)

started training, did one round of training, now a 3 slot najasaurs

started pet training again, it jumped to 4 when i started training, added one thing jumped to 5. skipped a whole slots worth of training. Did i do something wrong?

Its been since almost the revamp since ive touched pets

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I tamed a 2 slot najasaurus (i did this on test center)

started training, did one round of training, now a 3 slot najasaurs

started pet training again, it jumped to 4 when i started training, added one thing jumped to 5. skipped a whole slots worth of training. Did i do something wrong?

Its been since almost the revamp since ive touched pets
It definitely shouldn't be slot jumping.

Did you click the red diamond on the lore screen by chance? That would make something like this happen.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It definitely shouldn't be slot jumping.

Did you click the red diamond on the lore screen by chance? That would make something like this happen.
Don't think I did, I just maxed out resists and some stats and gave it some abilities and power scrolls until it maxed first round of training, closed Gump, walked thru the training gate, hit begin training and it jumped lol.

If I get time today I'm Gunna do another 2 slot on test and try again. Maybe that one was so strangely close to 3 slot it screwed up or something

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Don't think I did, I just maxed out resists and some stats and gave it some abilities and power scrolls until it maxed first round of training, closed Gump, walked thru the training gate, hit begin training and it jumped lol.

If I get time today I'm Gunna do another 2 slot on test and try again. Maybe that one was so strangely close to 3 slot it screwed up or something
Do you have the pet still and can you screenshot its lore page? I'd like to see where its intensity falls.

Also, were you by chance on an Ethy and looking at your follower count and not the lore page slots?

I found a high 2-slot on TC, raised its Int/Mana to 125 so it was slightly overcapped on intensity, and it trained up without jumping slots.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They come in 3 slot also. The starting HP will tell us if it was a 2 or 3.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Old thread, I apologize - but this just happened to me. I had a untrained 2 slot frost mite in the stable. As soon as I bonded it, it jumped to 3 slots. Pet intensity calculator still calculates it as a 2-slot pet, but it's 3. Bummer - it was 89% intensity. It would have been a beastly pet.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Old thread, I apologize - but this just happened to me. I had a untrained 2 slot frost mite in the stable. As soon as I bonded it, it jumped to 3 slots. Pet intensity calculator still calculates it as a 2-slot pet, but it's 3. Bummer - it was 89% intensity. It would have been a beastly pet.
Can you post screenshots of the lore pages and was training started on it.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
1581044001166.png 1581044024949.png 1581044043178.png 1581044063019.png
1581044084124.png 1581044105831.png 1581044130592.png 1581044150991.png

I started training and got to 2% before I realized it was a 3-slot pet. At that point I gated back to town and re-stabled it. It's still at 3 slots, and I re-calculated it on pet intenstity calculator. 90.14% 2-slot.

1581044253485.png

Just as an aside, this pet has overcapped focus (barely). I don't know if overcapped focus is something you indicate on the pet bestiary, but if so it should be noted that frost mites can come with overcapped focus as well as wrestling.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These are not like a Naj or Dragon Wolf. The 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 slot ones have no big difference. I found a 108.2 Focus one.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
And just to clarify - I did confirm it was a 2-slot pet with animal lore before I tamed it. What I don't know is if it jumped to 3 slots when I bonded it or when I clicked "Begin Training". I did both just a minute or so apart, and wasn't watching my follower count that closely. It wasn't until I had gated to the crazed mage and had begun fighting that I realized it was showing as 3 slots.

It's not a huge deal as I hadn't invested anything in it but some time (no scrolls, obviously), but it was very similar to what the original poster described in their experience so I figured I'd share it here. I tamed several others that same day, but none were as high in intensity. I have several frost mite pets on other accounts, and have never run into this before. My theory is that this particular pet was right on the border between level 2 and 3, and for some reason jumped up when I bonded or started training. As you can see from the lore pages, I haven't gained a level or spent any training points; it's got the starting stats of a very good 2-slot frost mite but shows as 3 slots.

Last edited: