• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Training Poisoning

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just so you know, don't bother adding the Poisoning ability to any pet that doesn't already come with it. Even if you train the pet up to GM Poisoning skill, it'll still only apply Lesser Poison. I heard of the bug earlier, and so to confirm it i put the Poisoning ability on my 100% Poison Crimson Drake, and trained him up to GM Poisoning, and he only inflicts Lesser Poison still. Pets that innately have the Poisoning ability, aren't affected by the bug.
@Kyronix Another bug with Pet Training that needs to be fixed. Btw, was the fix for the Control Slot display in the Lore window not matching the actual Control Slots (caused by pets skipping Slots when you add points) fixed in a hotfix, or is it scheduled for the next update? If it was fixed in a hotfix, then it wasn't retroactive. I still have a Frost Mite that takes up 5 Control Slots, but the Lore Window says 4 - 5.

Karl

Visitor
Good to know, thanks. I was considering using poisoning ability on several of my pets; I'll just stick with magery.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
think it's a feature not a bug, you need to select certain special moves/abilities in order to take advantage of the poisoning, sorry it's complicated.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
+1 Mervyn.

Learn poison and check skills, not too hard and loads of findings on taming forums if you bother to look.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Supposedly, the poisoning level and the slot jump are not normal, and are both bugs, and there is promise/plan they will be fixed with next oublish, hopefuly coming up shortly. The devs I hear are aware of the poisoning intensity issue. Dont nuke the pet that had the non-native poisoning yet, just wait for the pub to hit.