• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Training: Poisoning Question

james kuri

Visitor
I am still unsure on how this system works and need some help. Essentially, I am trying the nightmare build where people have talked about putting poisoning skill in there, then pick poison breath and then raise poisoning. Then later switch up the magic skill and pick back up with magery. However, I have tried this and magery is no longer and option. But the other magic skills such as necromancy, chivalry, mysticism etc are available. Did I do something wrong and how do people add magery back again?

So this leads me to my second question, it seems that once you lock in a different magic skill, the poisoning skill no longer is able to raise. Does this mean that if my pet dies and poisoning drops by 0.1, there is no way to ever get it back up again?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning James, Sadly once you pick something other then magery on a magery pet normal magery lost to it forever.. You will later get the option later on to pick mage mastery,,, sadly this from of magery kind of falls short to normaly magery.. while it is true the pet will actively start using the debuff curse, mindblast more often, teleport, arch cure and death ray.... It loses its self bless which is a powerful damage increase to melee swing and special moves as well... it heals much less then a normal magery pet, and worse of all uses reflect which lowers its phy rs to 60 if you at 80... making it take heavy melee spike from even the mid lvl monsters.... People have been suggesting to the dev to add an option for just normal magery as well as mage mastery.. but sadly no sign of this coming to be is hinted at yet... as for your 2nd question.. once your pick a new school of magic the pet will lose the 5 mana cost melee proc that poison...and will stop gaining poison off attack procs.... but if the pet knows a poison related skill like P. breath. V. bite.. etc... then it wil gain poison to GM.. just at a much slower rate.. if the pet has magery it will also effective become a nox mage.. as the poison skill will empower the spell poison..and thankfully it empowers it correctly instead of the current lower lvl poison procs you see from melee swings from non poison born pets.... I hope this helps mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to post here .. or message me.. =^-^=

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Donavon's spot on of course! Besides that, something to keep in mind ...

1. "normal" pets can only have ONE (1) magical ability active / in use / able to increase its skills points ... of course there are exceptions to this "rule" ...
1.a) => a skree - with mysticism & magery
1.b) => a rune beetle - with magery & poisoning
1.c) => a bane dragon - with magery & poisoning
1.d) => pets which had been trained up with the "necromage" option - with magery & necromancy
1.e) => there's probably more but I don't remember at the moment

2. it depends - as long as you have training points left - you can (probably) switch between two or more magical abilities - just "normal" magery is not "recoverable" - as described above from Donavon!

james kuri

Visitor
Thank for the replies. I think that helps me understand this better. First, it sounds like I am just confused with some jargon like mage mastery since now I am starting to think that it refers to the legends of time tomes? (I just got back into game and haven't bought the expansion yet). That said, does this mean that to build a noxmage mare, I put poisoning on the mare, get it to 100, pick poison breath, then replace poisoning with necromancy? Is that how it works? And magery is totally out of the equation since it won't be used?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon, James.. Mage mastery is a school of magic normally given to non magery pets... or turned on to magery pets... it was first made to be used a a PvP build for pets.. but fell ou tof use after the 50% damage to players and pvp nerfs.... sadly its much weaker then normal magery .. but as the name states...it gives the pets access to the mage mastery move Death ray, as well and some other Ui changes to the pet...If you pick poison to gain access to certain moves like poisn breath or vemon bite... You don't have to lvl to GM before picking another school of magic.. as your pet now has what we call passive poisoning skill..its one of the ways you can beat the only one school of magic rule..its where the move such as P. breath/ V bite causes poison gains passively... its slower to lvl.. but still empowers spells(nox mage) and other things... some pets when you do this trick you lose the option to turn magery back on until the next 100%.. and some if ya use poison breath over V bite the option never comes back.(only on some pets).. I will have to double check this on test and mares to see if this might be the case then get back to you...hope this helps mate.. =^-^=

P.S. Just went to test and tried poison breath/V bite passive poison spec(corrected so as to not be confusing) on 4 mares.. The mares kept the option for Mage mastery once they learned the move which proc passive poison.. you should see it return on your next lvl..If not I would page a Gm or meet us on test and we will see about getting the Devs on it =^-^=

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nightmares don't lose mastery magery. I would love to know which pets you have encountered this issue before on though.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
P.S. Just went to test and tried poison breath and V bite spec on 4 mares.. The mares kept the option for Mage mastery once they learned the moves which proc passive poison.. you should see it return on your next lvl..If not I would page a Gm or meet us on test and we will see about getting the Devs on it =^-^=
You do realize Nightmares cannot get Venomous Bite, right? So i would love to see how you managed to "test" that. Venomous bite is a special ability, they have dragon breath. Same goes for Dread Warhorses, so you definitely didn't test that on them either. But then a guildie also only saw you on test center with 1 mare. Exaggerations help no one.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is true I only did the test on P.breath on the mares.. the data the V bite was from my banes.I should of been more clear on the test meaning. and the specs name. as in P.breath/Vbite passive poison spec(or poison cleve spec as some know it as) ,thats on me(I have corrected it up above as to not confuse peeps.).. I shall have to work on my wording =* [...yeah I only had 3 mare ready in my stable so had to go to the brit center for a fresh tam one... just in case it was an new issue wanted to see what would happen on a fresh tam.... =^-^= 2nd hand accounts of people seeing part of testing help as much as blind accusations ^_~

Last edited:

james kuri

Visitor
I apologize for the confusion. I really do have two key issues which I am still relatively confused about even after reading everything.

Issue #1 - So for my mare which I put poisoning, in order to unlock poisoning breath on. Since I realize, I can no longer put magery back, what skill should I put on it or should I just keep poisoning there?

Issue #2 - About the non-gains, this is an issue with a crimson drake I have. I am just playing around with a build, so I first got poisoning breath, then poison skill would raise. At some point, I added frenzied whirlwind and then spellweaving and I noticed that my poisoning stopped gaining totally, which seemed quite odd to me. 30 minutes of no-gain is made me think that something is wrong and it happened only after both frzdww and sw was added. Does that make sense? Is this bugged or intentional?

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You can put magery back on after you have poison breath, because poison breath is in the aoe class freeing up a magic choice.

Poison breath still does gain poisoning skill, its just much much much much much much much slower than having poisoning. It may seem like its locked/stuck//bugged but I have a poison necromage and he gains occasionally. When the moon is just right and ive sacrificed three virgins on the first night of spring in an odd year... you get the point ;)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is true I only did the test on P.breath on the mares.. the data the V bite was from my banes.I should of been more clear on the test meaning. and the specs name. as in P.breath/Vbite passive poison spec(or poison cleve spec as some know it as) ,thats on me(I have corrected it up above as to not confuse peeps.).. I shall have to work on my wording =* [...yeah I only had 3 mare ready in my stable so had to go to the brit center for a fresh tam one... just in case it was an new issue wanted to see what would happen on a fresh tam.... =^-^= 2nd hand accounts of people seeing part of testing help as much as blind accusations ^_~
It's not a blind accusation, I was the one that saw you on test center, as I was already there testing this claim. The "bug" mentioned was that Magery Mastery could disappear and reappear when your pet reaches the 100% mark during training, so unless you were doing crazed mages on test center to level your pets, you would need to use the Brit portal to get them to 100%. So yes, I saw you bring exactly one pet to Brit to level it with the portal, which I found humorous since you immediately followed up that you had tested 4 mares.

Also, I feel it is MUCH more damaging to the community to give false information about pet testing and specs. Several times in this thread (which you have now retconned) you claimed that Mares could not only get Venomous Bite, but that you also tested Venomous Bite on 4 different mares. Not only Venomous Bite, but Poison Breath too (so does that mean you were claiming to have tested 8 pets in that short amount of time?). That's some pretty fast and non-thorough testing if you ask me. I went to TC almost immediately after reading the claim about Magery Mastery disappearing to test it, and by the time I had tested my mare and recorded the results, you were already posting on stratics that you had fully tested it on 4 pets.

It's OK to not have all the answers. My guild has trained 100's, if not thousands, of pets between us and we have never seen Magery Mastery disappear as a training option. However, we aren't claiming it's not possible because we don't know that for a fact. Maybe there is some VERY specific combination of events that can occur where it will not be available. But to definitely say "don't worry, it will come back at 100%" without being able to reproduce the bug in the first place, or properly test the resolution of said bug, its very misleading and helps no one.

This is only further complicated by the fact that people in this thread are referring to "Magery" (which CANNOT be put back on a pet once removed) and "Magery Mastery" as seemingly the same thing. Once you remove "Magery" from any pet that starts with it, you will never get it back, only "Magery Mastery" is available.

So, yea. We will continue to throw "blind accusations" around when it serves the greater good of the community by calling out misleading and downright incorrect information.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No, my friend... I had 3 mares already to sell in the stable at 100% ..but as I wanted to make sure this was not a new bug I tamed 1 fresh one and took it to the portal to get to 100%.. when you only see one part of 4 stage testing and them claim the rest didn't happen..that is 2nd hand account which doesn't have all the facts... I will admit ..if you look at my other post in this thread I talked about the P.breath/vemonbite passive poison spec(but never said mares just poison pets) ..... until I made a miswording and said breath and vemon bite instead of / when talking about the mares . which was a mistake on my part(but being on the amount of meds Im on currently will happn).. and while am happy it was pointed out to be corrected... which I did..( and that's the only thing I corrected in this form).it was so in the manner to make it look like facts were untrue and just a hair spiteful.. so yeah.. Blind accisations and you only seeing one mare out of 4 only confirms my story that I was there for a while checking the issue....the first 3 took me only a few moments the last I had to tam..died because someone left a paragon in K pass.. so got one from umbra... I know there is not the best blood between me, and Khaelor, but as a tester I respect the hell out of the guy.. just as I respect you... and anyone that honestly has the heart to test things....Just next time have all the facts before stating real events as false mate... sometimes my wording is not the best.. especially during the heat.. if you reread all of the post ,instead of just glancing at them as it clearly says in my post Normaly magery is lost and only mage mastery is your only option if ya remover it........ . thanks for helping me keep my work pure.. keep up the good work.. and for helping me when I do make confusing blocks of jumbled messes that do cause misleading info at times until corrected.. in the end we all just want to insure that the info is out there... and open for those that need it... and despite any of my post that may seem hot headed.. from my heart.. I do respect you guys, your guild, and the work you do.. because your work is spot on as well.. and not saying this say will come anytime soon.. but when the time comes I am unable to post here.. I know the community is in good hands.. its for this reason I did take Khaelors advice as it is a valid point and allow the old forum we posted in to die out... as a lot of the info is becoming dated.. So no matter the view points.. if the player in question is helped I am happy... In my current state I will miss some changes that is for sure... just in the future... let me know in a down to earth way, that has been change, I am mistake or am wrong... don't claim my work was never done.. because my time out bed is limited .. and all of the testers works mean the world to me.. So with no remark aim to hurt,harm, or carry an undertone.. I will just sign off saying thank you for the time and effort all of you put in too. =^-^=

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you would use the enter key every once in a while, you could read your giant text blobs easier. :)

See ya later. It is margarita night. :banana: 15285044134441995566154.jpg