• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Training: pet builds

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started reading through Pet Training A-Z and came across these builds:

Unfortunately all of those links are broken. Links have been fixed!

What I'm basically are looking for is a description of what good skills & abilities for pets are and where to best put in those training points.
From what I gathered so far is, that Concussive Blast, Armor Ignore & Chivalry are considered rather good, but I have no idea if that's just for certain pets or in general, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It honestly depends on your playstyle...

for my playstyle, just chilling, relaxing and lazily playing UO I found these to be the best:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not exactly, what I was looking for, but a very interesting read and I'm thinking about trying it. So thanks a lot for that!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not exactly, what I was looking for, but a very interesting read and I'm thinking about trying it. So thanks a lot for that!
You are welcome.

I get what you are saying. But what makes a good pet relies heavily on the playstyle you have. For example... a lot of folks swear by Chiv on a pet. I abhor it. I have a couple pets that have it but they are only good for areas where there is a single target type because the RNG loves to cast EoO at bad times when more than one mob is present.

I also like the AI/AP (Armor Ignore and Armor Pierce) Naja... others hate that combo. But with both AI and AP on that Naja the high hits pop very often when it's mana allows.

The best place for an honest breakdown on pets is Home | uo-cah.com there is a wealth of knowledge from active tamers on there. They will likely have tested, re-tested and tested again some of the things you have questions on.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what makes a good pet relies heavily on the playstyle you have. For example... a lot of folks swear by Chiv on a pet. I abhor it. I have a couple pets that have it but they are only good for areas where there is a single target type because the RNG loves to cast EoO at bad times when more than one mob is present.

I also like the AI/AP (Armor Ignore and Armor Pierce) Naja... others hate that combo. But with both AI and AP on that Naja the high hits pop very often when it's mana allows.
Yeah, that's a start. ;) Such kind of information is what I would like to see in a proper guide. I don't like guides, which say do this, because awesome. I prefer getting presented all the options with pros and cons of for each choice.

The best place for an honest breakdown on pets is Home | uo-cah.com there is a wealth of knowledge from active tamers on there. They will likely have tested, re-tested and tested again some of the things you have questions on.
There's quite some good information over there. It is really a big help. Thanks for that!

Replace the wiki part in the url with community

https://wiki.stratics.com/threads/cu-sidhe-builds.395055/ to Cu Sidhe Builds
"//community.stratics.com/threads/cu-sidhe-builds.395055/"
Awesome, thanks!
Would probably be good, if we can get a mod to update those links, since it is that easy. Because the next guy reading that thread will have the same issue...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome, thanks!
Would probably be good, if we can get a mod to update those links, since it is that easy. Because the next guy reading that thread will have the same issue...
I made all those info posts.

Stick the community in or search like this:

1698001853564.png

Click search this forum first.

@Mentiras would have to edit them if he is around. I PMed him the old links long ago so he could put them there. And they are very old now.