• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Training efficiency

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am new to Pet Training. I recently dove in and started to work with several pet types including cu sidhe, nighmares and fire steeds. My primary tamer has real skill at 120 taming and 120 lore with a level 3 taming primer.

I tried a second tamer on my alt account. He has 96 real taming and 95 real lore. Both were increased with jewels to 120/120 taming and lore. This guy has a level 2 taming mastery. The only other difference is this second character is an elf whereas the first was a human (with cu pads).

I noticed a massive difference in the time it took to complete the first level of animal training on the crazy mage. The real tamer finished his training of a 2-slot nightmare to level 3 in half the time of the jewelry-assisted tamer to bring a 2-slot fire steed to level 3. Neither pet had aggro as there were other pets also working training. After working with tamer #1, I was shocked how much time it took to level the fire steed on tamer #2.

Is it my real skill that is causing this difference? Or is it something else from luck of the draw (RNG) to the specific pet to a racial or mastery difference? I’m trying to pin point this issue so I can be more efficient. Thank you for your expertise!

-OBSIDIAN-

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The first pet was in power hour possibly.

None of the other things you mentioned make a difference. A pet with very low Melee skills would go slower using that method.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Each pet will have their own power hour.

With that said, I do agree that low melee skills will slow down the process, as well as a pet with low stam/dex

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Interesting. So there should be no difference. Ironically, the fire steed on tamer #2 had higher melee skills. I will look at the stamina/dexterity for each. I thought the steed would go faster, but he was at 49.5% complete going 2-to-3 when the nightmare hit 100%. I ran them on two computers simultaneously. That’s why the stark difference really jumped out at me.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It could also be the mare did more damage, given the mare has dragon breath and magery vs the fire steed only having dragon breath

Also look at the base damage, if memory serves me correctly, the mare has a higher base damage then the fire steed

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It could also be the mare did more damage, given the mare has dragon breath and magery vs the fire steed only having dragon breath

Also look at the base damage, if memory serves me correctly, the mare has a higher base damage then the fire steed
Also the mare almost always blesses itself for good STR bump, then by definition better damage potential..

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I trained them both through 3-to-4 slots today. It evened out nicely once I had them both with 150 stamina/dex, regens, and resists. Almost have both at 100 wrestling too (steed is there, mare needs another 2 skill points). Just a bit more work before diving into 4-to-5 training. I’m testing both as chiv/ai pets for my play style. Thanks for your thoughts!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No matter what I do I can't get this to change, what is the secret.
On many pets the base damage is already above caps for the slot level. At 5 slot they can all be increased to Maximum.

upload_2019-3-3_22-33-32.png

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Mares can only get one ability, as they are already loaded with Magery and Dragon Breath. Most go armor ignore for that very reason. Fire steeds come with only dragon breath, so they can get 2 abilities, so there you can go goo then armor ignore.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks all for your help! The steed and mare are in the stable for bonding. I’ll let them soak for a week then onto ai then chiv.