• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet training: control difficulty changes

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since my old account is unusable, I decided to create a new one, which of course means, I have to start a new char. And since taming is one of the most fun skills to train, I thought I might level another tamer :gee:
I started my new char with 50 taming and 50 vet, since lore only takes a few minutes to get it up to 50 too. Next thing was to get myself a lowlands boura, since it only requires 29.1 taming and has a fairly decent health pool and base damage.
Now the question is, if I start training that bloody thing, will only the control slots go up, or will the control difficulty also increase, when the pet gains a level?
Don't wanna exceed my current skill for obvious reasons and never really had to worry about that with my legendary tamer back on the old account.

I did read through the animal training pages of uoguide and uo.com/wiki, but either I'm blind of it doesn't say anything about control difficulty.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Since my old account is unusable, I decided to create a new one, which of course means, I have to start a new char. And since taming is one of the most fun skills to train, I thought I might level another tamer :gee:
I started my new char with 50 taming and 50 vet, since lore only takes a few minutes to get it up to 50 too. Next thing was to get myself a lowlands boura, since it only requires 29.1 taming and has a fairly decent health pool and base damage.
Now the question is, if I start training that bloody thing, will only the control slots go up, or will the control difficulty also increase, when the pet gains a level?
Don't wanna exceed my current skill for obvious reasons and never really had to worry about that with my legendary tamer back on the old account.

I did read through the animal training pages of uoguide and uo.com/wiki, but either I'm blind of it doesn't say anything about control difficulty.
Just get a mythic token and some jewelry no need to suffer

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all, I think I start to remember. Initially I thought control difficulty is tied to taming difficulty. But it is shown in the lore gump under "Requirement".

You can't push the Blue Button if your skill is too low for the next level.
Awesome! That's really good to know.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Lowland Bouta can be trained to 3 slots only.
With your current 50skill points you can get jewelry with +13 (+15is more expensive) in both skills which will take you to 76 in both. You can press blue button there and train pet giving it 80 physical resist and some skills +HP regen. You will have decent pet to farm painted caves then. And feed your imbuer/crafter with stuff to unravel and train. Get more Bouras to bond to farm different stuff (with different resists) .
Mythic Token is for those who trained one or several tamers hard way.
Buy Soulstone to share and drop/exchange skills between your chars. This way your tamer can be warrior , mage , mystic , Archer -you name it. And you will find best skill set that suits your gameplay.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the heads up, that's already somewhat the plan.
Right now I don't have the money to buy any half decent gear, let alone have some leftovers for insurance o_O
But I did all the new player quests, so at least I have some blessed stuff to wear. And while the Boura is in the stables waiting until it can bond, I'm training taming, let's see how far this gets me. And once it is bonded, it needs training anyways, which I'll plan to combine with farming. ;)

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the heads up, that's already somewhat the plan.
Right now I don't have the money to buy any half decent gear, let alone have some leftovers for insurance o_O
But I did all the new player quests, so at least I have some blessed stuff to wear. And while the Boura is in the stables waiting until it can bond, I'm training taming, let's see how far this gets me. And once it is bonded, it needs training anyways, which I'll plan to combine with farming. ;)
What shard?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drachenfels.

But since the pain got too high, I recovered my old account. That means I have now access to my legendary tamer again and to my crafters. So for the time being project "New Tamer" is cancelled :lol:
I'll probably level him casually nevertheless, every now and then a few points, since having a second tamer on a second account can come in quite handy.