• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Summoning

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking about the way Pet Summoning works and would like to propose a change for the Fel facet only.

When a tamer sicks his pet on a red, he has the ability to have it summoned back to him immideately. Like logging in and out real fast.

I don't have an issue with being able to summon it back, but I do have an issue with it being able to be summoned back if it is the aggressor.

They way I see it, it should work like recall, and have the flee timer in effect because it is the aggressor.

If the pet is not the aggressor then by all means recall it back.

Tamers feel free to flame away.

S

Sarphus

no need to flame. It's just a bad idea.

pets were already nerfed so they move very slowly when you order them to attack. Why would you need more than that?

Y

Yalp

So the recent nerfing on pet summoning weren't enough for you?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree this is a GREAT idea. If someone is an aggressor they should not be able to summon their pet. This is Felucca not Trammel. I don't care how it works in Trammel but in Fel you shouldn't be able to log out and log back in to get your pet. The person that killed you should be allowed to kill it first.

Also if you are attacking people and run away and hide the people should be able to kill your pet. This is Felucca you shouldn't be able to just run away and hide like a coward then summon your pet by logging out and back in. That is just silly.

Actually in my opinion this is a bug that needs to be fixed pronto.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no need to flame. It's just a bad idea.

pets were already nerfed so they move very slowly when you order them to attack. Why would you need more than that?
I just want the rules that are set for the Fel facet to be the same across the board.

When I attack a blue while on my red, I cant all of a sudden go ooops let me log out, or recall away or run in a house to save myself.

Why should a tamer and their pet not have to follow the same rules? Again for Fel only.

They way I see it: when you log out to save your pet, it's like the pet recalls to get back to you. If it is an aggressor it shouldnt be able to do that just like every other template in the game has to follow.

Also the mention of the nerf on their movement being slowed down should change. I think that they should move as fast as any other character or monster in the game, but they should not be able to do over 50HP of damage, which they do at this time.. in fact its more like 65+ damage in one hit. in fact I've been hit for 80HP damage in one hit by a SD and i have 70 phys and 89 fire resist.

It just seems the PvP ruels are so meesed up.
A blue atacks a red and kills the red, the blue turns blue to the red as opposed to being grey to him for 2 minutes as an aggressor.
A red attacks a blue and kills the blue and the red is flagged to the blue for 2 minutes because he is criminal.

So it seems to me that the flagging system is designed to give the blues an advantage.

They way I see it is it should be based on flagging!! If you atack me you are flagged to me for 2 minutes, regardless of your characters color.

It is beyond dumb when a red is fighting a blue and then all of a sudden 5 other blues gank you, and then they all turn blue to you because you died.

All this does is perpetuate the "Care Bear" style of play of the causal PvPer. Playing in Fell can have consequences, that is why Tram err Care Bear land was introduced, for peopel who did not want to participate in PvP.

If you come to Fel you should have to adhear to the PvP rules across the board, not just for most templates except tamers.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is, you are fogetting that while, yes, the pet can be pulled back, either by command, summons, or log out, the TAMER is still under the flee rule. So the TAMER is still standing somewhere ... find the tamer, problem solved. Kill them while they are logged out pulling the pet. If they are already dead, then your goal is already achieved.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no you shouldn't be able to summon a pet with a ball or by logging out and back in if you are an aggressor. after the timer is up you can summon it.

that is the way it should work. your argument is flawed.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I feel yours is flawed. You can run away off into the wood, hell, you can run 2 server lines away if you so desire, to prevent dying after you were an agressor. Yet you feel that the tamer should not be able to call their pet off of you? A little lop-sided, isnt it?

I DO agree that the pet should not be able to go "poof" into the void via log out when PvPing. But yes, it SHOULD be able to be brought back to the tamer, either via command or summon.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I feel yours is flawed. You can run away off into the wood, hell, you can run 2 server lines away if you so desire, to prevent dying after you were an agressor. Yet you feel that the tamer should not be able to call their pet off of you? A little lop-sided, isnt it?

I DO agree that the pet should not be able to go "poof" into the void via log out when PvPing. But yes, it SHOULD be able to be brought back to the tamer, either via command or summon.
It should be able to be brought back, but it should have to walk or run not disapear.

And yes we can run away, but we are still following the flee rules that EA set for Fell, yet pets dont have to follow the flee rule.

And there is nothing stoping the tamer from running away either.

If you don' think you can kill the person you attack, you shouldn't attack him, plain and simple.

Yet when you do attack someone and then realize... ooops, i'm gonna die, thats just too bad for you. Every other template in the game has to follow these rules, except for tamers pets.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making the pets have to walk/run when summoned while on the same server isnt a bad thing, and I wouldnt be opposed. Heck, I wish, if I am on one side of, say Destard, and my pet is on the other, I COULD just call it, instead of having to log out/in or summons. What a PITA. Server lines could mess with it, tho.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making the pets have to walk/run when summoned while on the same server isnt a bad thing, and I wouldnt be opposed. Heck, I wish, if I am on one side of, say Destard, and my pet is on the other, I COULD just call it, instead of having to log out/in or summons. What a PITA. Server lines could mess with it, tho.
Yup.. I only want to see it change in regards to the flagging system that was imposed on every other type of template. :thumbsup:

S

Sarphus

Sorry I misread you...

I thought you were saying that while a pet is aggressor it just randomly summons itself back to you, which would be ridiculous.

I'm somewhat indifferent with your idea, though I don't think you'll be happy until tamers are completely irrelevant in pvp.
I think that's a shame too... I'm all about template diversity.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is, you are fogetting that while, yes, the pet can be pulled back, either by command, summons, or log out, the TAMER is still under the flee rule. So the TAMER is still standing somewhere ... find the tamer, problem solved. Kill them while they are logged out pulling the pet. If they are already dead, then your goal is already achieved.
Quite true but it still does not make any sense at all that the pet is able to be saved so easily after the master is killed.

A crude but simple analogy would be killing a swordsman but his sword stays around after he dies and is able to keep inflicting damage. Or a mages spells just keep auto-casting themselves on a target after the mage dies? (and of course spells such as curse and strangle do not apply here as they were cast before death)
I mean why is there a system in place to lower pets stats upon death if it can be circumvented just by instantly logging out?

The pet is able to deal huge amounts of damage on its own so it should also be fair game after the owner is dead or gone.

I am not stating this because I die to ownerless pets. I am stating this simply because it is an odd situation that heavily favors one class(all nerfs aside as every class has its own share of nerfs to deal with)

Cu's are damn near impossible to kill in the amount of time it takes for the owner to log out and thats just silly. They are ridable,deal big chunks of damage,and bleed.
And currently they are damn near impossible to kill because of a bs move. Bah

Bottom line is that 'logging out' should not be a part of any players pvp arsenal.

Peace :)

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
though I don't think you'll be happy until tamers are completely irrelevant in pvp.
I think that's a shame too... I'm all about template diversity.
I really do like the diversity, but diversity on an equal playing field. I think that pets and tamers are important to the game as well as a class that people enjoy playing.

If they are going to be allowed to be used in PvP as they are today, they should have to follow the same rules as everyone else. I think that this could easily be done without further nerfing the template.

As I said before, i think they should speed up the rate that they walk or run, but they should also have their damage reduced to around 50 per fire breath.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm ... you are right about the "left behind to deal damage"thing. However, it really isnt fair to ask that the pet be left behind to be slaughtered by you and your 10 friends, either. That would be akin to asking that the dexer's sword be left behind to sustain a -1 in each of its mods. Or the mage's spellbook be left to sustain a -1 spell loss.

Perhaps, when the tamer dies, the pet should auto go to the "void". In otherwords, kill the tamer, the pet disappears until the tamer is alive again. That would be equally (or rather MORE) fair. (And I know a bunch of PvM tamers are gonna howl, but it IS true, that no other template can keep fighting a monster while they are dead ... oh, I and PvM ALOT with my tamer :p)

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps, when the tamer dies, the pet should auto go to the "void". In otherwords, kill the tamer, the pet disappears until the tamer is alive again. That would be equally (or rather MORE) fair.

I like this idea, if the tamer dies, his pet auto stables, or just disapears until he/she is ressed. Maybe the pet becomes invinsible while the owner is dead, but it also could not do anything in game during that time, other than just stand there.

I don't have a tamer and I think that they should remove the stupid skill loss that pets take when they die.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually like it, alot, too. Both from a PvM and PvP aspect. It removes the NEED to log out to save your pet if you die and can't rez right away. It means your pet wont be 3 screens away chewing on a rubber ducky when you get rez'd. It either pops right up with you, or you summon it. It also means that a tamer is not getting an unfair damage "bonus" while being dead.

The only issue I see is that coding it could leave a big potential for a mistake that causes the loss to the neithers of bonded pets.

And I STILL want to be able to COMMAND my pet to me from across the dungeon, dang it! I hate burning my summons charges because I died and the stupid thing ran off chasing a lizardman!

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO

In Felucca if a tamer dies the person that killedt he tamer should have the ability to kill the pet.

If you are an aggressor your pet ball should not work, you shouldn't be able to log out and have it come to you, you shouldn't be able to stable your pet etc. It is busy. You commanded it. You attacked someone. Pay the consequences.

Also I think pets should suffer severe temporary skill/stat loss when it dies in Felucca. 5 minutes AT LEAST.

This Trammel silliness is getting out of control.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm, seems to me someone has a vendetta against tamers and does not want them to be FAIR at all. Fine, uninsure your weapon then. Same concept. If you kill the tamer, the pet is out of the equation - it IS FAIR FOR ALL.