• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet summoning ball..Locations?

mihali

Sage
What are the locations you can use and not use pet summoning balls? Is there a list for this?
Looks like in Abyss you cannot summon.
Any info on this?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So many places that they are not very useful. Most if not all dungeons.

mihali

Sage
The Devs can try a little experiment : Allow pet ball use everywhere. Would that be so overpowering for tamers to have that?

mihali

Sage
Looks like they don't work anywhere there is more interesting content. I can (possibly) see the no mark for some areas, but for pet recall no. What is the benefit to the game, game power mechanics, of this? This would make tamers so overwhelmingly powerful? (Don't make me laugh, lol).
What then is the use of pet summoning balls? Sit in Luna and recall your fancy pet there? Or? Maybe it was meant to use as a backpack decoration item?
Any idea for the rationale behind this pet ball problem - non usability?

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are limited in usefulness because they were introduced such a long time ago. They predate pet bonding and pet recall, so they had a good function back in the day of traveling with your unmountable pet or pulling them from a chaotic battle where they were surrounded and likely to permanently die.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can be useful for calling you pet back to you when it's surrounded and can't come, I've done that at a few of the dynamic champs and Tokuno. While you can't call them in Eodon, if you're doing Shadowguard there's a hitching post allowing you to swap pets, using different ones for the different rooms.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
They can be useful for calling you pet back to you when it's surrounded and can't come...
That's my primary use of them and they're quite handy at that. Navigating tight obstacles and whatnot, just park them and call em when you're where you want to be.

This is just one of those utility items that doesn't work the way some people want them to work, therefore it's bad.

mihali

Sage
They are limited in usefulness because they were introduced such a long time ago. They predate pet bonding and pet recall, so they had a good function back in the day of traveling with your unmountable pet or pulling them from a chaotic battle where they were surrounded and likely to permanently die.
Ty for explanation. So the years have gone by (decades), the game has changed, and taming specialty and pets have changed. It is time to re-evaluate items like this and bring their usefullness/use up to date with the present. However not sure how hard this would be. I suspect it may be just a toggle is the database definition of items and this specific one item. Otherwise if it involves much more than that, i.e changing portions of the spaghetti - undocumented code, consequences could be bad, and fix one buggy function item and bring several other bugs in.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ty for explanation. So the years have gone by (decades), the game has changed, and taming specialty and pets have changed. It is time to re-evaluate items like this and bring their usefullness/use up to date with the present. However not sure how hard this would be. I suspect it may be just a toggle is the database definition of items and this specific one item. Otherwise if it involves much more than that, i.e changing portions of the spaghetti - undocumented code, consequences could be bad, and fix one buggy function item and bring several other bugs in.
If that is the reason it will not be easy to change. Recently they did a change to the game and it caused pets in a non mark spot to not be able to be mounted. Instead of fixing it, they reverted the change they did.

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
If that is the reason it will not be easy to change. Recently they did a change to the game and it caused pets in a non mark spot to not be able to be mounted. Instead of fixing it, they reverted the change they did.
Then best leave that code alone. Another thing they could do is add code for a new item, a mobile pet stall type item that is rechargeable or some other negative, including purchasing it from the game store, that must be either blessed or insurable. That I would buy instantly. That may make some $ for the game also.