• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet slot Bug

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
was starting to train a new pet, a Gallusaurus, it was a 3 slot pet 3-5 on its sheet. anyway started training it and decided to stable for later and could not remember what it ate (like to feed before i stable), so i lored it and it now says 4-5 slot on sheet, even though it still only takes 3 control slots like it did before(put it in and pulled it out of stable nothing changed). This was a pain to tame so if it does not fix itself will be paging GM to fix

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
there is a bug with them, Devs are supposed to be fixing the issue...
GM can't fix it

Both my husband & I had issues with them jumping in slots, has been like that with them since day 1

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

I don't skill pets while training and I did nothing but lead tame them, and they tame easily.

The Gallusaurus has a worse bug than other pets. I had 2 increase a slot while on my Magencia Vendor. One increase while in stable waiting to bond. Today I had one jump when I chose skills from 3 to 4. It jumped to 5 slots and is at 0% training. This is the only pet type I have had jump slots.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the 2 slot Frost Mite will jump too (you can only train them up twice)
I know of at least 3 of these that did it

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a bug with all pets it just hits some worse than others particularly 2 slot pets that are borderline of being a 3 slot pet. Best thing, I have found to do with a 2 slot pet that comes from a family of pets that is normally 3 slot is to not stable it, don't put it on a stall and train it to 3 slot ASAP. Have not had any 2 slots jump a slot since doing that. If you are selling the pet have the buyer ready to take it with out stabling and advise them to train it up to 3 slot before stabling it. It is really a very old bug with new consequences.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is a bug with all pets it just hits some worse than others particularly 2 slot pets that are borderline of being a 3 slot pet. Best thing, I have found to do with a 2 slot pet that comes from a family of pets that is normally 3 slot is to not stable it, don't put it on a stall and train it to 3 slot ASAP. Have not had any 2 slots jump a slot since doing that. If you are selling the pet have the buyer ready to take it with out stabling and advise them to train it up to 3 slot before stabling it. It is really a very old bug with new consequences.
This needs sticky to the top of tamer forum asap!

edit:
Also i'm thinking the jump in slots might be something to do with training strength/intelligence up too soon. When you lore Nightmares or White Wyrm's there slots are determined by their strength value but I'm also thinking intelligence could be a similar factor as I trained a nightmare to 500 int and the jump happened.

As a result of my theory I can't do the poison training > breath on the nightmare and have to go straight for the necro or necromage to help guarantee no slot jump.

edit - success! I managed to create a nox mage mare, all you have to remember is to not stable the mare and don't give it high Int/STR/Hit points until the last stage is what i recommend!

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May just be me but the slot jumping seems to be getting worse, not better.
They still haven't published the fix yet far as I'm aware... not sure WTF they are waiting for.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like they are still "Calculating" The pets slots after you finish training, so it will still use the old code that involves skills that are raised. So these pets that are borderline, you will literally have to train without them fighting, just from the monster beating on your pet.

Tell the Devs to Calculate the Skills once on tame, from there just increase the slots by 1 at the Start of the training session with no calculations. I told them how to fix all this nonsense months ago, Including the glitch that wound up coming from it.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes I did, I maxed put Str at that stage thinking that I will use the 4-5 for scrolls.
Me and someone else just recently got 5 slots on mare/giant beetle raising STR/INT/HP bit by bit through each stage. I understand the scroll bit till last, scrolls 120 on a pet with a magic ability 580 points (unless necro/mage) so you've got around 900 points to play with at stage 5.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a couple of 2 slot frost mites. Trained the first one on TC and it jumped 3>5, so I discarded it. Second one on TC did not jump and turned out quite well. So I started training it on production and it did jump from 3 to 5. It's really lame.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The Devs mentioned in a meet and greet they are aware of it.. working on a fix as they think they know what is causing the issue (my guess is the skills getting higher causes the glitch, much like lowering the skills caused another glitch that was patched already)..... and would be fixing it in the next Publish...

course I would prefer a patch to take care of it before that but we can't have everything we want :) .. will just do my best to be patient lol.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a couple of 2 slot frost mites. Trained the first one on TC and it jumped 3>5, so I discarded it. Second one on TC did not jump and turned out quite well. So I started training it on production and it did jump from 3 to 5. It's really lame.
Was it a pet that was tamed "pre fix", or tamed after?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, OK. Thanks. I thought it was already out.
Moreover, what I heard from the Devs at the meet and greet is not that they are working on it, but that they are aware of it. It also seemed that they have little idea of what to do with it because fixing it would break their "balancing" system with pet training. Hopefully they can come to a solution that will not make things worse.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No that publish isn't out this is why I'm sitting on a Fire Beetle waiting... still waiting...

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn it. This just happened to me too. My lesser hiryu was at slot 2, then for some reason it jumped to 3. Now I'm afraid to train other pets because of this.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn it. This just happened to me too. My lesser hiryu was at slot 2, then for some reason it jumped to 3. Now I'm afraid to train other pets because of this.
I just made a lesser last night. Someone gave it to me and I got it full trained without bonding. Navrey almost ate it while I took a bathroom break. Its gonna be a Ninja bird.

I look a 2 slot Nightmare and try to keep the strength and HP similiar on level 2. Then I look at a fresh Cu and dont exceed that. Level 4 I only take HP to 650 str 700 and put the abilities on.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
High rating pets (ones with high STR/INT/high skills and HP is a small factor too) have a high risk of jumping, what I've found out indefinitely is STR/INT are without a doubt the biggest factors and there appears to be a colleration with slots and Barding Difficulty. Also hidden skill advancements will jump a pet, like for example giving a pet Bladeweave he will automatically learn bushido/ninjitsu skill, now if you go and teach that pet Fient/F.Whirlwind (which will only cost a 100 points now) the system will take that in as a "600 spend" still instead of the 100 it actually cost because the Barding Difficulty will jump like if the pet has learned something big.

Release and re-taming is the safest course if you are scared of pets jumping, this will reduce the barding difficulty and in my eyes the pets overall "strength", whether you class this as an exploit or not what we know is that release/tame no longer reduces pet slots and the ingame mechanics drop the pets skills if released, this has been part of the game for as long as I can remember.

"Ultimate Training" on an extremely high rating pet (4+ or more) has to be done with this method or what are we left with? you'll have to settle with 2-3 max rating pets to train, so I don't know how people feel about the methods but all I know is the system still needs some serious work (just stop pets jumping, that's it!).

edit - seems HP matters just as much as STR/INT/skills, just wasted a white cu, I have another but with much lower HP oh well :/
Ah I just had a thought again and on all the cu's I tested I trained them immediately without stable so the no stable thing used to ensure Nightmare's don't jump seems to be the best trick!

Last edited: