• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Skills vs Power Scrolling

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 98 is up on test center with those changes Bane Dragons are looking alot better. This has me thinking what skills are worth using power scrolls on vs normal skill cap.

120 Wrestling vs 100 Wrestling- This one almost speaks for itself. Better chance to hit and avoid being hit.
120 Tactics vs 100 Tactics- 120 is a 81.25% base damage increase and 100 is 68.75% base damage increase. You essential get a 12.5% base damage increase from 120.
120 Anatomy vs 100 Anatomy- 120 is 65% base damage increase and 100 is 55% base damage increase. You get a 10% base damage increase with increase from 120.
120 Parry vs 100 Parry- 120 Parry is 35% chance to block. 100 Parry is 30% chance to block. This is for Non-Bushido using pets. Your pet has a 5% block increase with 120 Parry.
120 Resisting Spells vs 100 Resist Spells- Lessen the effects of certain spells. Theres no hard numbers here to give examples of.
120 Magery vs 100 Magery- Higher the Magery skill the easier it is to cast 8th circle spells. Pets can't use summons or Res so 8th circle spells are useless. Although it will increase the amount pets can heal themselves via spell, and mindblast damage.

to be contiuned

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Informative data and good summary there. Please post more of your findings as they come along.

I am curious what differences you are seeing for both Spellweaving and Mysticism at 100 versus 120 works on various pets (Cu's in particular). If anyone has a comment, that would be helpful.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Informative data and good summary there. Please post more of your findings as they come along.

I am curious what differences you are seeing for both Spellweaving and Mysticism at 100 versus 120 works on various pets (Cu's in particular). If anyone has a comment, that would be helpful.
I think on both, and any magic skill, 120 is the way to go.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is level 6 Focus the highest level for SW spells? What would that mean like stronger spells/heals? any examples appreciated. Also eval makes no difference for SW? Its an independent magic skill?
Thanks in advance..

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lvl 6 focus would be the highest. Eval is like tactics for Magery.

Lvl of Focus determines how much extra power for your spells. It increase the duration a spell might last, damage, and strength etc. Its like Eval for Magery.

Tactics/Weapons
Eval/Magery
Spirit Speak/Necro
Focus/Mysticism
Lvl Focus/Spellweaving
Karma/Chivalry
Stealth/Ninjitsu

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have gotten to where I only use a couple of 120s on pets Wrestle is a given for the HCI/DCI Parry/Bushi for Hiryus, SW on Reptalons and CUs a world of difference between 120 and 100 in the WOD. Tactics and anat for a 22.5% combined DI from 100..... I am just not seeing the value there when compared to scroll value for a pet. 120 mage, Mystic and Necro and their counter parts SS, Eval and Focus...... Are selectively applied and rarely with the exception of Focus and Med I pretty much put 120 focus and med on every trained pet. Resisting spells I rarely use, if I am going against a heavy caster, I will usually just pull my Naja with 162 resisting out. But I have put it on a couple of regular mountable pets just because they are the ones in the field 90% of the time. Of course I look at it from kind of a business view point. How long is it going to take to recover the gold value of a scroll through the pets farming of things. Tactics and Anat VS the Scroll value is a very poor investment IMO Wrestle, Parry, Bushi, SW, Focus and Med are much faster returns on investment IMO.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have gotten to where I only use a couple of 120s on pets Wrestle is a given for the HCI/DCI Parry/Bushi for Hiryus, SW on Reptalons and CUs a world of difference between 120 and 100 in the WOD. Tactics and anat for a 22.5% combined DI from 100..... I am just not seeing the value there when compared to scroll value for a pet. 120 mage, Mystic and Necro and their counter parts SS, Eval and Focus...... Are selectively applied and rarely with the exception of Focus and Med I pretty much put 120 focus and med on every trained pet. Resisting spells I rarely use, if I am going against a heavy caster, I will usually just pull my Naja with 162 resisting out. But I have put it on a couple of regular mountable pets just because they are the ones in the field 90% of the time. Of course I look at it from kind of a business view point. How long is it going to take to recover the gold value of a scroll through the pets farming of things. Tactics and Anat VS the Scroll value is a very poor investment IMO Wrestle, Parry, Bushi, SW, Focus and Med are much faster returns on investment IMO.
Great post. Thank you Tyrath. Also how the heck we get 120 wrestling and SW, Chiv, etc scrolls? Where do we buy them? There are none available on GL, or thee are 110 ones available for 500k-700 k etc..
Thanks again for info.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Lvl 6 focus would be the highest. Eval is like tactics for Magery.

Lvl of Focus determines how much extra power for your spells. It increase the duration a spell might last, damage, and strength etc. Its like Eval for Magery.

Tactics/Weapons
Eval/Magery
Spirit Speak/Necro
Focus/Mysticism
Lvl Focus/Spellweaving
Karma/Chivalry
Stealth/Ninjitsu
Ty for info.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great post. Thank you Tyrath. Also how the heck we get 120 wrestling and SW, Chiv, etc scrolls? Where do we buy them? There are none available on GL, or thee are 110 ones available for 500k-700 k etc..
Thanks again for info.
Sadly you either had to have a stock pile before pub 97, go do the champ spawns, find someone selling them before anyone else gets them, or just buy them from the 3rd party sites for green gold. from what I have seen looking at the 3rd party sites it would be real easy to get $75-$100 tied up in a single pet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
WOW..this is crazy..lol. I hope part of this upgrade - update will be get this ....... Being able to get power scrolls for regular boss creatures, like Mel etc, or OSI to SELL THEM AT THE INGAME STORE!!!! Or as part of the Vet reward system? (LOL) Wishful thinking.
Ty for info

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just go and do champ spawns yourself. necro mage and sampire templates will do best there... just saying...