• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Rezzing Question

T

this guy

1) Can pets only be rezzed with Vet? (I have magery and wanna know if I need to finish getting 80+ vet before I can rez)

2) Is there any logistical reason (other than my pet losing .2 skills instead of .1) that another player wouldn't want to rez my pet for me?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you can only rez with vet as for having other people rez it can be hard to find people to rez for you at times and some times people just get tired of rezing others pets I myself!

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i'm playin my tamer i will res pets anytime anywhere. But i have to ask myself, why can't this other tamer res his own pets? Part of being a tamer is the vet skill, it goes hand in hand with playin a tamer. I mean lets get serious here. If ya don't wanna put the full 80 pts needed into vet to be able to pet res, at least get to 50 vet and put a ring and a bracelot +15 each in the bank or your house so you can throw them on and res your own pet when needed.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen several tamers standing at the bank looking forlorn because other tamers won't res their pets for them. You'll find it inconvenient at least, and depending on the tamers on your shard, it may be impossible to get a pet res'd at times. If you need to get that pet res'd and go back to retrieve your corpse, that can be a real issue.

I wouldn't recommend dropping vet.

Wenchy

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To answer the other part of the question.

Pets only lose .1 when they are rezed. They took out the extra loss for others rezing them long ago.

T

this guy

Oh! I should have been clear that I have no intention of going without Vet. I'm like 63 something Vet and working on it a lot lately, but my play time is limited and I was hoping for a temporary solution to tide me over until I can rez my own doods. The temp solution that I wish I'd thought of myself is to buy some +Vet jewelery (thanks Sir Morder). That stuff seems to be everywhere on my server.

I do intend to rez anybody's pets when I can later though. I was one of the first GM healers on my old shard (a loooong time ago) and I used to love putting that use to help people out. Thanks guys :thumbsup: