• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Reset Token

Would you buy a Pet Reset Token?

• Yes

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they offered a Pet Reset Token in the UO Store would you buy it?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to make it a simple to get in game item imho

Why should we have to pay for something they made completely overly complicated again

And they keep making changes to the pets

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to make it a simple to get in game item imho

Why should we have to pay for something they made completely overly complicated again

And they keep making changes to the pets
I agree with you. However, money is the only way we will see it in a timely manner

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When the pet revamp first hit I thought I would really like something along this line. But I have already killed off all the pets I goofed up in learning the process. If or when I goof up in the future I would rather take my time hunting for a pet with the right hp's resists etc I needed instead of paying for a roll at the RNG and maybe getting stuck with a low grade one.

If the "token" would ensure the pet went back to it's original stats then it would be a "possible" purchase but only for a nominal fee.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are also pets we can't get anymore, that got messed up.

Look at the players that had Dread Mares and Bane Dragons that got messed up with publish 97. They should have an option for a do over. The Developers screwed up on that one. The players are the ones left paying the price.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If it gave me my scrolls back, that would be a must buy for me.
There is a few pets I would rather redo or just get the scrolls back and release to get a better pet to fill that slot.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There are also pets we can't get anymore, that got messed up.

Look at the players that had Dread Mares and Bane Dragons that got messed up with publish 97. They should have an option for a do over. The Developers screwed up on that one. The players are the ones left paying the price.
The folks who goofed those up would definitely take advantage of the token for sure. Which is why I took my time, copied to TC etc to make sure I got those right.

If it gave me my scrolls back, that would be a must buy for me.
There is a few pets I would rather redo or just get the scrolls back and release to get a better pet to fill that slot.
Good point. Did not consider the price of scrolls.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not even a matter of player making a mistake. For awhile bugs in the abilites selection resulted in ruined pets, or pets that are very sub-optimal compared with what can be done today.. Considering that Devs did not do a thing to increase PS supply to correspond with new demand, these pets are very expensive mistakes. I very much would like to ether get my 100s of millions gold worth of PSs out of these pets, or at the very least be able to retrain them.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not even a matter of player making a mistake. For awhile bugs in the abilites selection resulted in ruined pets, or pets that are very sub-optimal compared with what can be done today.. Considering that Devs did not do a thing to increase PS supply to correspond with new demand, these pets are very expensive mistakes. I very much would like to ether get my 100s of millions gold worth of PSs out of these pets, or at the very least be able to retrain them.
I have a tamer I dumped all the bugged pets I made, whether a good bugged or a bad bugged. A whole lot of 120 scrolls in those pets, that were made worthless by various bugs and changes. Even if they just sold a token to bring those pets down to their correct slot and be able to retrain the pet and keep the scrolls on that pet. The problem for the vast majority were pet that slot jumped, changes to spec abilities and moves and things like my mare that jumped from 2 slot to 5 slot after the first round of training and sits in the stable with resist and 120 scrolls on her and that is it as her training is complete by some fluke. They also really need to make the stable slot increase tokens NOT acct bound, I know I am not the only one that made the mistake of buying them from the ingame store on the usual toon I am in the habit of making my store purchases on and the having a........... well that was stupid moment as that acct already had max stable increases. Not so bad on prodo where you can just put them on another toon for pet storage........ Sucks on Siege when all those 6 tokens can do is sit in a box and be a annoying reminder of $30 whizzed away.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs need to own this one for once and fix it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They dont seem to keep record of the starting stats of pets though. So a wiped 4.1 might turn into a 1.6 if there was respec tokens, or if possible, compromise to a standard skill template.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They dont seem to keep record of the starting stats of pets though. So a wiped 4.1 might turn into a 1.6 if there was respec tokens, or if possible, compromise to a standard skill template.
Would have to be revert to set of standard stats and skills. I would go with a set of average stats for a fresh tame or maybe put it at average +25% since if you went looking for say a 2 slot mare, you would want one as close to 3 slots without going to 3 slot. Orin my case lesser hiryus that have as close to the fresh HP cap as possible (Hey even 50-60 hp makes a difference in spending the points) I can see pet reset tokens being very popular with a lot of us. LOL over timeI would probably drop -23 grand on them.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why would you pay for something they did and what logic is this that only if it's worth real money it will be implemented faster?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The ability to reset pets should be included in gameplay, not an extra charge. It is far too easy to mess up a pet.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would you pay for something they did and what logic is this that only if it's worth real money it will be implemented faster?
Because they seem to like the fact that PSs cost 40M and more a piece, since it "stimulates the PVP." So chances of them doing anything at all are slim to none.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because money is a great motivating factor for any business :)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really having too much experience with the new training at the time and no real sense of what would go best with what tame, I made several mistakes with some of my oldest and most coveted pets even after several tc1 runs.

I would buy one in a heartbeat. +1

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted an idea about this a while ago. I vote yes to the respec token; reset all slot levels back to starting level. Allow us to rebuild the pet, and get power scrolls on them returned.

I do think they should be "sold" by the game shop, because it would generate more money to keep the game running.