• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet parry?

G

goldandblack

Apart from the skills listed in the animal lore, do pets have any hidden skills like parry etc

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes I'm just about 100% positive they do, and that one of them is parry. If you train a pet fully, you should notice that it's barding difficulty will continue to increase somewhat, and that it will become tougher, and the only reason I can think of for this is a hidden parry skill.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One of the devs also confirmed this in one of the recent FoF's (recent as in "this year" ;) ).

N

Nenime

You mean this one?
"What is the barding difficulty formula?"

The Stratics page on barding difficulty is accurate. The formula listed on that page only gives you an approximate difficulty, however, because Animal Lore doesn't necessarily show you all of a creature's skills - Parry, for example, doesn't show up in that list, but the creature may have skill points in it, affecting its total difficulty. So while the formula itself is correct, players don't necessarily have all the data they'd need to use it.

The actual barding difficulty listed in the Animal Lore gump, however, is accurate. So there's no need to go through the formula in the first place!

(from FoF October 26, 2007)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yep, that's the one. Now he says "may have skill points in it", but from what I've seen, I'm pretty sure all of the big pets do, and I'm almost as sure that every pet does, as I don't see why any of the other pets would be different - ie. they all have the wrestle/tactics combo.