Pet Magical Abilities

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
Here is what I have found:

Magical Abilities
These magical abilities, unlike the basic schools of magic items like mysticism, discordance, poisoning etc, will require all available ability choices, choosing one of these will disallow the choice of a special ability or any special moves.

Piercing
Trains the creature in the bleed, armor ignore, and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Pierce & Thrust mastery abilities.
Bashing
Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Heightened Senses & Shield Bash mastery abilities.
Slashing
Trains the creature in the nerve strike, armor ignore, and disarm special moves. Also trains the creature in the Focused Eye & Onslaught mastery abilities.
Battle Defense
Trains the creature in the mortal strike, concussion, and disarm special moves. Also trains the creature in the Toughness & Stagger mastery abilities
Wrestle Mastery
Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Knockout & Rampage mastery abilities.

If I choose Magery, what spells will the pet cast and what does the mastery things have to do with it.
Same Q for the other magical abilities.

Slashing sounds decent. How do I choose that?

I am on TC1 but it says I have been in combat and cant do anything. Cant copy another character over for hours.

Also says Magery will cost 1501 points... I only have 1500.

I'm sure I am not the only one that does not understand this section.

Thanks

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Also says Magery will cost 1501 points... I only have 1500.

I'm sure I am not the only one that does not understand this section.

Thanks
Basically, the Magery Mastery is meant for pets that already have the ability to cast spells: For casting pets, it only costs 1 point to add it.

I haven't given my pets any of the other Masteries (I'm going to do that with the Crimson & Platinum drakes though), but I have given a few pets Armor Ignore. Not sure what the differences are between that and Armor Pierce, but if Pierce is superior I can go with that on future pets.

I even gave one of my White Wyrms the dragonbreath ability, but I found out I didn't like it. From what little I know of it, it appears to do cold damage, but I have to do more testing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
How did your doom test go yesterday? Looks like armor ignore is a popular choice.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
Basically, the Magery Mastery is meant for pets that already have the ability to cast spells: For casting pets, it only costs 1 point to add it.
On this note.

What would be a good Magic using pet? I'm gonna try a skree when bonded.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
I just put magery mastery on a reptillion as first choice for fun. It took the whole 1500 points....

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2011
Curitiba, Brazil
I am loving chivalry on my rune and on my cu sidhe. Side by side they rip through things easily.
And they aren't even fully trained with 120 chiv.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
How did your doom test go yesterday? Looks like armor ignore is a popular choice.
It didn't. I found out where to get the Crimson/Plat Drakes and grabbed 2 of each (except Energy damage) on Atlantic.

Shouldn't be too hard when I actually get the bones though: some of the rooms were easy for pets even with the Doom revamp, but they should be a cakewalk with an Armor Ignore pet that's comparable to a Greater Dragon. Except for Navrey and the T-Rex, I haven't fought ANY bosses with the powered-up pets. I really wanna see how they handle Champ Spawn bosses and Peerless.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
On this note.

What would be a good Magic using pet? I'm gonna try a skree when bonded.
Serpentine Dragon. They spawn with 1,000-1,020 INT/Mana. They're perfect candidates for Magery Mastery. For Mysticism+Magery, the Skree is good. There's a few pets that can learn Necromage. The Dread Spider and Imp can basically learn it for free, the Shadow Wyrm spawns with Magery+Necro (not the Necromage ability), and the Nightmare and Dread Warhorse can be given Necromage for a lot of Training Points.