• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet loosing color.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did despise earliere. and baracoon polymorphed my pure white CU, into ratform. when he turned to normal form, my CUs color had changed to normal hue.
Has anyone else experienced this ??
My Cu, had been training into a 5 slot pet.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like the Medussa bug people use to hue their pets that muddy brown colour.
As far as I know there is no fix in the works for this, dunno for sure but when it's been asked about in meet and greet, they just say they will look into it.
Did you log out/ close client and relog in before stabling the pet?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It actually sounds like the fix they implemented related to the Medusa bug could be causing this. Something they did reverted all the Medusa "formed" pets back to their default color (or so I have been told)... wonder if somehow that revert code slipped into other pet "forms" like the rat form that coon does....

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know how the programmer thinks about developing the code.
"After return to beeing normal, choose standard color for pet." This will solve the medusa issue. Easy task aye?

But you now have a Barraconn colored Cu. Sad to say, nobody will give the color back nor the money some guys payed for a service to get their pets colored in Medusa colors.

Anybody tested it yet with the new colors of pets on TC?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Quick question...

did you stall the pet in rat form? Or did you keep it out and then it changed to the original Cu color?

Supposedly what changes Medusa hued pets back to normal is when they are put in the stable.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think it depends on the pet, my Lasher reverted right after I got off of it. I was about to stable but it reverted just before :(
dang.. just like the old "Barracoon Swampies" used to do. They would stay that color until you dismounted and then pop back. So now it is time to color a mount and park it under a bank sitting char and test that theory lol

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not to be a jerk but anyone that got the Medusa colored pets had to know that it was due to an exploit. The term buyer beware comes to mind.
The bug still works too.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged a gm, and one responded. Witch was kinda nice.
The gm could't do anything.
So a big warning to everyone. don't get your colored pets polymorphed, coz they might loose their color.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Looks like I wont be doing barracoon any time soon as a tamer.

On top of the color issues, my GD lost around 13 (10% of max) points of wrestling (and possibly other skills) after being poly-morphed by Barracoon. I thought he had been disco'd but the new max was set at 114.7 and prior to being morphed into a rat he had 125.7. I know he had this as he had died once just prior to doing the spawn and I had looked. Asked a GM about it and got the "Sorry nothing we can do."

:/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

On top of the color issues, my GD lost around 13 (10% of max) points of wrestling (and possibly other skills) after being poly-morphed by Barracoon. I thought he had been disco'd but the new max was set at 114.7 and prior to being morphed into a rat he had 125.7. I know he had this as he had died once just prior to doing the spawn and I had looked. Asked a GM about it and got the "Sorry nothing we can do."

Makes me all the more leery of doing spawns at all right now.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It actually sounds like the fix they implemented related to the Medusa bug could be causing this. Something they did reverted all the Medusa "formed" pets back to their default color (or so I have been told)... wonder if somehow that revert code slipped into other pet "forms" like the rat form that coon does....
Dear lord. I can't help but laugh at this. This is exactly it, isn't it?
I already had this happen to a fire beetle who is blue and silver now, and to a blue Hiryu which reverted to common colors. Both are scrolled and trained, so it's not like I can just run out and get another one.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make pets dyeable already and be done with it. All these cool new colors , we should just be able to dye the pets.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dear lord. I can't help but laugh at this. This is exactly it, isn't it?
I already had this happen to a fire beetle who is blue and silver now, and to a blue Hiryu which reverted to common colors. Both are scrolled and trained, so it's not like I can just run out and get another one.
Certainly seems like the most likely culprit to me.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Last time we tried Barracoon on a tamer (admittedly years ago), it kept running away. So since then we always do him on casters from a distance. Does he no longer run away when melee attacked?

And sorry for your misfortune! Nasty to lose a colored Cu like that!

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Last time we tried Barracoon on a tamer (admittedly years ago), it kept running away. So since then we always do him on casters from a distance. Does he no longer run away when melee attacked?

And sorry for your misfortune! Nasty to lose a colored Cu like that!
He didn't run when my GD was tanking him - just jacked up his stats and with training, that GD is now worse than a trained tame. I'm pretty upset about it because I've had that dragon for going on 8 years now... :(

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's gross...so basically legacy pets are not safe to use anywhere poly is involved :/