• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Looks Around Desperately

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been playing a whole lot the last couple of years, so this might not be something new. But I just had something weird happen with my greater dragon (it's name is Bully). Was hunting in the tomb of kings on the way to grab some chaga mushrooms. Had just invized for a second to break contact with something that had aggro'd on my tamer and then told the greater dragon to kill it. I was shocked when pink letters displayed the message, **Bully looks around desperately."

Ummm....when did that start happening?

I lored the dragon very quickly, concerned maybe the message meant it was losing loyalty or something, and it said it was wonderfully happy.

Has anyone else seen this message? If so, what causes it? Is it something to be concerned about? All I can think of is that maybe the line of sight between the tamer and the pet wasn't clear, but I would have expected some squawking and for it to not be wonderfully happy.

Maybe it was just someone messing with me. I really don't know at this point.

Thanks.

Picture shows the journal a few minutes later. We were in the large chamber just below that hallway when I saw the message in pink. Sorry it's not very readable.

Attachments

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet Ownership – Ultima Online
If you look down to pet messages it says " [petname] looks around desperately - A line-of-sight check failed and the pet’s loyalty level just dropped."
Nothing to worry about but I would feed it just in case.:)
Also just keep an eye on the loyalty and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet Ownership – Ultima Online
If you look down to pet messages it says " [petname] looks around desperately - A line-of-sight check failed and the pet’s loyalty level just dropped."
Nothing to worry about but I would feed it just in case.:)
Also just keep an eye on the loyalty and you should be fine.
I think this is half correct, at least in my experience. I do believe it means a line of sight check failed, but does not guarantee a loyalty drop.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, both. I thought it might be a line of sight failure, but there didn't seem to be a loyalty drop. I don't have the sound up, so I wasn't able to tell by the pet's response if there was a problem or not.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think this is half correct, at least in my experience. I do believe it means a line of sight check failed, but does not guarantee a loyalty drop.
Yeah, I wasn't sure on the loyalty drop part I can't even remember the last time I've gotten the message. Never hurts to give it some food just in case though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you, both. I thought it might be a line of sight failure, but there didn't seem to be a loyalty drop. I don't have the sound up, so I wasn't able to tell by the pet's response if there was a problem or not.
They fixed a bug in Pub 110. We now get the message.

Maybe it will help players keep their pets happy so they do not go wild.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So does the loyalty drop when you get the message?
Not all the time but this spawn has many levels. Your pet will go climb steps to attack the mages firing on him.

So if you lore your pet every time you get that message and feed it as needed you probably will not lose your pet.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not all the time but this spawn has many levels. Your pet will go climb steps to attack the mages firing on him.

So if you lore your pet every time you get that message and feed it as needed you probably will not lose your pet.
Good to know, Thanks.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
EM event yesterday.
No given commands, always within visibility range yet I watched pet loyalty go down from wonderfully happy to content in 10minutes.

Not only do the EMs like to troll ya anduse paroxymous bosses, they also got somet ******** going on that make the loyalty drop fast AF.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Probably has something to do with how many sprites are on screen at one time