• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Intensity...What is considered a good % for a pet for PvM?

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello All,

I need your opinions on what you consider a POWERFUL pet as far as pet intensity ratings go. For example, a pet with 65% on the pet Intensity calculator. Is that a high percentage or a high rating? Please feel free to give what you think is concerned a higher percentage as far as pet intensity goes. I am wanting to get a highly rated Cu Sidhe for PvM, but want to know if I should be looking for something in the 70% or 80%? Whats the highest Intensity pet you have or seen? Thank you in advance for any input/comments!

GeneralFlogger

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Usually, you look for intensity prior to training, it really depends on the pet. A Cu for example will be highest intensity w/ 85% cold resist and 85% energy resist 600 hp 600+ str. Most players don't want the 85 cold and some want both under 80 for a more balanced resist spread. A Cu like this is usually only in the 70ish % range w/ over 580hp 600 str.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Cu Sidhes, higher % intensity isn't always better, since as mentioned, you want lower Cold Resist, and higher Energy Resist. 70 Cold/85 Energy is perfect resists for them, even though it rates lower intensity due to the minimum Cold Resist.
Frost Mites are another pet where you actually want lower Cold/Poison Resist on them, so you can bring the more important resists higher. I had to farm like mad to get a good 2 slot Frost Mite with 85 Cold/50 Poison Resist (the minimums on both).