• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Intensity Targets

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I understand that the % the calculator spits out doesn't tell the entire story, but is there a list for pets at what is the % percentage for one considered good and great for that specific type?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if they have a list of things that are at the high end of the scale.

My observations:

All the new drakes are difficult to find at >80%

Phoenix is easy to find>90%

Fire Steeds easy to find with <100 points off max.

Difficult to tell how a Cu will build out with just the %.

Saves me a lot of gold on those 60% PP Nightmares cause they build just fine.

The intensity calculator is a wonderful tool. And take it to the builder and see what you can make with that pet.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Anything that can spawn in multiple-slots will have an easier time spawning >90%. Nightmares, Najasaurus, Phoenix, Lesser Hiryu, Reptalon, Skree, White Wyrms, etc.

This is because of random stat allocation and where the pet can change at. If a pet will change in the middle of an intensity range, they have an easier time spawning at 90%, even 100%. Take a look at a bell curve to get an idea of stat distribution. The closer a pet is to the middle of the curve (when it changes), the easier it will be to get a favorable stat distribution to give it a higher rating.

A pet that spawns in only 1 slot will have a much harder time being an extremely high rating. You need a near-perfect stat distribution to even hit 90%, which can have an extremely low chance of happening. On the plus side though, it should be equally hard to find an extremely low rated pet (that isn't a multi-slot pet).

Most pets will fall in the 40% - 60% range. I typically advocate that anything 60%+ is a keeper, but it can depend on the pet you are hunting and its spawn range. 70%+ for almost any pet is really good.

As Pawain suggested (*gasps*), if you find a pet and you are unsure if its rating is good, send it to the planner and spec it out to see what it can become. A 60% legacy nightmare and an 80% legacy nightmare can get the same exact spec, one will just have a little higher hit points.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I've been using the builder in conjunction with the calculator. Seems that the difference from a 60% and a 90-something% may be fully scrolling it in some cases.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I've been using the builder in conjunction with the calculator. Seems that the difference from a 60% and a 90-something% may be fully scrolling it in some cases.
90% on most things (that don't spawn in a two slot range) is extremely rare, used to think impossible until I saw a 98% Nightmare. Anything above a 80% would be exceptionally rare also, on creatures that only spawn in a 1 slot range