• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet gone wild..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I know this is an old topic, but..

Different classes do not sustain similar punishment as the tamer's pet going wild. Rare occurrence, but has happened, usually due to line of sight and AFK issues.

A warrior of any type does not permanently lose weapon unexpectedly and suddenly in any circumstances, unless dur drops to zero. Pretty hard to do.
Same with a bard instrument, a spellcaster, etc.

Why not remove or bypass the code for pets that are skilled and trained so the "wild" situation does not happen?

Make the unhappy pet just stop, not follow commands, or even attack its owner and kill him maybe, but not going wild altogether. Losing the pet completely esp. a bane dragon for instance is much more severe than even death of the player, since a bane will have to be "subdued" down to 10% of life, using 5-10 fighters, risking killing it in the process in the wild state, thus perm death of an irreplaceable pet. Try to subdue a fully skilled and trained and 120 PS'd bane dragon that has gone wild: Oooooooo.

There are other irreplaceable pets, like the paragon-color Cus that are worth Plats, the Dreadmares, and also pets that have cost mint to 120 all the way. Why should the possibility of total loss of the pet even be there?

Maybe I am opening a can of worms but..

What you guys think? Just remove the dang "going wild" risk altogether..

(**Hides under a desk to avoid thrown items and plugs ears to deter the sonic boom of "No! pets don't get wild, never happens"):rant2::rant2::pancakes::slap:

Merth

Journeyman
If I ever have a stuck pet or line of site issue or anything else like that I just log out and back in and pet is standing next to me.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have always thought of it as a bug.
You have to remember back in the day there was no pet bonding and a pet that died would be gone. Something if a pet became unhappy you would lose it.
When they came out with bonding pets i dont think they toke it into account.

On a side note. If your pet became unhappy irl does it not run away.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It has happened to seasoned (20 year vets, experienced cant use names) Vets they posted in several posts.
Imagine this happening to a fully trained scrolled - trained Bane dragon:
150 M for the dragon itself plain vanilla.
All the time you invested training.
Plus 1/2 to 1/3rd Plat to 120 Scroll up.
And a super mean pet to have to subdue if it goes wild, and then painfully try to retame. Or lose it altogether.
Could be a bug, vs intended item..