• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet for roof: the bar?

Fränk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone, do you have a tip for me for a pet, which will be used in roof in the bar?

The pirates reflect the damage and I would like to compensate for that.

Do you have an idea for a special skill for this purpose?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For bar, I like to use something very tanky like a Triton with high HP or Cu with high healing. Even then, you will still have to keep an eye on their health and hit them with some bandages from time to time. Also, be careful about giving them too many instructions if you don't have line of sight.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use a bushido/goo lesser hiryu and I never have an issue keeping it alive. Seems to take way less damage than my other pets.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes longer to kill stuff with the limited specials, but a saurosaurus is pretty easy to keep alive in there.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I take my disco tamer and swap out discord for provocation. Then use a disco trition. Use vet or consume to help with the reflect. For groups (or multi clienters) I also bring a level 6 weaver for WoD since it doesn’t get reflected if they are below 30% health.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Take whatever pet for me. I just throw the bottles. Granted I leave rm usually naked and singing... *shrugs* would be fun have little competition see who can complete it the fastest. I would be slightly interested to see what kind of times ppl are putting down.

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I take a cu, but I've taken a weaving Reptalon too and it worked fine. Whatever fits your preference really. Even if you use Consume you're likely to heal it occasionally regardless. When I'm solo I won't even use my pet, I'll just run around throwing bottles constantly. Don't use a pet in the Orchard either. I just bruteforce things personally. It's more enjoyable that way.

Take whatever pet for me. I just throw the bottles. Granted I leave rm usually naked and singing... *shrugs* would be fun have little competition see who can complete it the fastest. I would be slightly interested to see what kind of times ppl are putting down.
A competition sounds fun! I'd be down for that.

Last edited:

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I take a cu, but I've taken a weaving Reptalon too and it worked fine. Whatever fits your preference really. Even if you use Consume you're likely to heal it occasionally regardless. When I'm solo I won't even use my pet, I'll just run around throwing bottles constantly. Don't use a pet in the Orchard either. I just bruteforce things personally. It's more enjoyable that way.

A competition sounds fun! I'd be down for that.
yea i usually bring my pet just cus do not bother switching but yep throw bottles! how should we time it or others? start should be enter rm and completion when leaving the rm back to shadow guard would make most sense to me even though you need wait 1min or whatever after shanty dies. just easier to judge i think? its obvious this all on ones credibility but honestly not like i care if your faster then me at a pointless competition that is for fun.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
sry may have said that wrong as far as timing someone. Anyone who wants to find a timer would be more then welcome or just do it yourself. it was just sounded slightly interesting me to know but i will judge my own opinion if it true or not. its all fun but wanted to maybe clarify the entry and exit time as base if anyone else is interested in finding what the rough time is.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try to keep it so your pet is fighting only one or two pirates at a time, and you'll do fine with just about any 5-slotter trained pet or a greater dragon / dragon turtle hatchling, right?

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I used to use a Cu for the bar with high healing. Works pretty good. But I recently trained up a Bushido/Frenzied Whirlwind Lesser and it slays in there. Multiple mobs dying at once and the bushido helps with the defense, making him tanky. Don't have to heal alot.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Disco/Tamer runs Consume Damage on his FWW+PB Najasaurus in there and vets it as it AoEs down all the Pirates, as i throw Discord on them. Takes the Bar down fast.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Best advice I can give ya is here:

This type of Triton makes bar easy as long as you are only battling one group of Pirates at a time.... provided of course you are casting gheal and vetting that is. Once it gets down to the boss of the bar the Triton can stand it's own ground while ya chunk bottles at it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With my Disco/Tamer running Consume Damage on a FWW+PB Najasaurus, from the time i entered the Bar until Shanty up was 4 Mins/25 Seconds. From entering Bar to Shanty down, 5 Mins/57 seconds. This was without throwing any bottles whatsoever.

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I use a lesser hiryu with FWW and Bushido trained to 5 slot. With Consume Damage ran he hardly needs much healing and takes on the group and kills them all together.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone, do you have a tip for me for a pet, which will be used in roof in the bar?

The pirates reflect the damage and I would like to compensate for that.

Do you have an idea for a special skill for this purpose?
I use Consume Damage. It's not as effective with a single Pirate, but with a group of 2 or 3 (assuming solo Bar) you can keep a pet alive no problem. When it's down to the last one of each wave you will have to throw some heals, whether through casting or vetting. I've used a variety of pets: Nightmare, White Wyrm, Fire/Giant Beetle, to name a few.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My biggest issue with AoE pets is that I do the bar with 4 accounts. Even with multiple pets I seem to always run into too much reflect with 12 pirates in the room. I would guess that others doing it with groups could experience a similar issue.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My biggest issue with AoE pets is that I do the bar with 4 accounts. Even with multiple pets I seem to always run into too much reflect with 12 pirates in the room. I would guess that others doing it with groups could experience a similar issue.
One of the reasons I try to pull 3-5 pirates at a time. Mess around and get all of them on a pet, or even a group of pets, and things can go sideways pretty quickly... especially if the pets hit hard.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of the reasons I try to pull 3-5 pirates at a time. Mess around and get all of them on a pet, or even a group of pets, and things can go sideways pretty quickly... especially if the pets hit hard.
That’s where the provoke comes in handy. Invis the pets and provoke the pirates then pick them off with a disco triton and WoD

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a 4x120 Bard run the Peacemaking Masteries, while you run Consume Damage on an AoE pet. Between the -30% Damage Taken from Perseverance and the +22 HPR from Resilience, you basically don't even have to vet an AoE pet that's under Consume Damage in there. I have a guildy that literally runs 8-10 chars through the bar at once, and he has a 4x120 Bard running those buffs with a FWW+PB Naja and a FWW+PB Triton. He'll pull the entire room full of Pirates, and his pets will AoE them down. When i go in with him, i don't have to heal my FWW+PB Najasaurus as it AoEs either.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a 4x120 Bard run the Peacemaking Masteries, while you run Consume Damage on an AoE pet. Between the -30% Damage Taken from Perseverance and the +22 HPR from Resilience, you basically don't even have to vet an AoE pet that's under Consume Damage in there. I have a guildy that literally runs 8-10 chars through the bar at once, and he has a 4x120 Bard running those buffs with a FWW+PB Naja and a FWW+PB Triton. He'll pull the entire room full of Pirates, and his pets will AoE them down. When i go in with him, i don't have to heal my FWW+PB Najasaurus as it AoEs either.
Yeah, one of these days I’ll upgrade an EJ account to use masteries and make an extra Bard.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, one of these days I’ll upgrade an EJ account to use masteries and make an extra Bard.
Bard Masteries pre-date the ToL expansion, and so don't require the ToL expansion. EJs can learn Bard Masteries.
Edit: Brain fart. Just rememebered you have to have Time of Legends to do Shadowguard. :rolleyes:

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW I just timed a run earlier I'm barely slower doing provo and no pet (well i ride it?) and bottles only I didn't get time for difference between shanty and rest but enter to kill shanty was 6min 21secs. I wanna hear about some faster times! that's cool you do it with just pet that fast! I would be so much slower!

Edit that was also best out of 3 trys. 7:21, 6:34, and 6:21 I can see hitting 6min but less would be tough way I do it.

Last edited:

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
With my Disco/Tamer running Consume Damage on a FWW+PB Najasaurus, from the time i entered the Bar until Shanty up was 4 Mins/25 Seconds. From entering Bar to Shanty down, 5 Mins/57 seconds. This was without throwing any bottles whatsoever.
Back to op if your looking for complete build I recommend his. Very few friends beat me out of bar even not using provo but I'm guessing he would be one. If ya just need pet and no skill that can sit there no one will ever agree on what to do... I will throw bottles and yall can pick your Pokémon!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW I just timed a run earlier I'm barely slower doing provo and no pet (well i ride it?) and bottles only I didn't get time for difference between shanty and rest but enter to kill shanty was 6min 21secs. I wanna hear about some faster times! that's cool you do it with just pet that fast! I would be so much slower!

Edit that was also best out of 3 trys. 7:21, 6:34, and 6:21 I can see hitting 6min but less would be tough way I do it.
I could probably complete it a bit faster if i ran around grabbing bottles to throw at Shanty, but i just can't be bothered dealing with the trouble of it, getting my char drunk and stripping off clothes, etc. For the Pirates themselves, i have to stay close to my Najasaurus and vet him as he AoEs, so can't really run around grabbing bottles then.