• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet feeding in a hurry in EC

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know not everyone bothers feeding pets, but a 'get lost' bark in the middle of a fight can be disconcerting. I have used the EC re-stock agent to create a quick-feed macro. Just in case it's actually of any interest to anyone I've made a short video of how I made it, finishing with the one click feed that makes for a happier pet.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's actually pretty cool, thanks for the vid! Now I'm thinking I might make something like that to drop things into my mule's blue beetle while harvesting resources. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I died at Mel the other day and my Drake walked off and got angry. I fed it and it was wonderfully happy but didn't obey. I opened my skills screen and all my skills were in the the 80s. Someone handed me a ham for the Drake but I ate it and my skills went back to 120. Then the Drake obeyed.

Food isn't just for pets....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Isn't it more likely you got discorded and it just happened to wear off as you were eating the ham?
Yeah... my money would be on this 100%. Just happened to eat the ham at the exact same time the Satyr's Disco ran out.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ummm... or is he saying that eating breaks Disco??? Never tried that...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't know. But it would drop you to 80s from 120? It may have been a coincidence.
Yeah... I have seen mine that level a few times from a Satyr. At times my 120 mage falls so low I fizzle on E-bolt. That's one of the reasons the "satyr trick" is so popular with folks training skill.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even more so when it's a paragon or something.... higher it's skills etc ... lower your skills go...

I remember fighting those white demons in Magincia as well as Captains with barding as they would do that and I recall a number of folk losing their dread warhorses and GDs because they weren't hearing the pet tell them where to shove off... kept ordering it and it'd go wild... and often die...

Folk don't like playing with sound on can pay a pretty high price for that... it's not like the pets do anything you can really see when they keep refusing... I think playing with sound is a MUST.