• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet costume changes

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After the pet dies the costume is removed and you have to go to groomer to put back on...everytime

gwen

Slightly Crazed
After the pet dies the costume is removed and you have to go to groomer to put back on...everytime
Today I ressed somebody's Cu near Luna gate. And guy applied costume right after resurrection, near the gate. Not going to groomer. How was that possible? Or I missed him running to groomer very fast?
Personally I have no costumes, and no Cus to try. I am more in tritons. That sluggish creatures definitely need costumes being all same color. Hope they will manage that too.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am more in tritons. That sluggish creatures definitely need costumes being all same color. Hope they will manage that too.
I just not into using a slug, a costume would be more attracted to the overall appearance of the tritons

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
  • Due to reported issues of players losing their pet costumes when the pet dies we have made a change that automatically returns the costume to the player upon the death of the pet. Any existing costume credits on a bonded pet will be returned back to their owner upon death if both the pet and owner are located on the same sub-server.
So I went to Test Center

Killed my pet, got the message *All costume options found on this pet have been returned to you*

Had to go back to the groomer to re-apply it.

I do not like this change.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just don't know who reported issues not one post about it on either forum maybe many emails...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
  • Due to reported issues of players losing their pet costumes when the pet dies we have made a change that automatically returns the costume to the player upon the death of the pet. Any existing costume credits on a bonded pet will be returned back to their owner upon death if both the pet and owner are located on the same sub-server.
So I went to Test Center

Killed my pet, got the message *All costume options found on this pet have been returned to you*

Had to go back to the groomer to re-apply it.

I do not like this change.
Larisa, can you please buy 125 items to fill your backpack (scisors, tinker kits, whatever) and try to kill your pet again.
Will costume fall on the ground or will be 126th item in your inventory?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think the costumes are more of a virtual thing and not physical but I did as you suggested and the results were the same. The costume goes back to the pet groomer....or rather to your virtual inventory at the groomer I assume.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Larisa, can you please buy 125 items to fill your backpack (scisors, tinker kits, whatever) and try to kill your pet again.
Will costume fall on the ground or will be 126th item in your inventory?
yes there is no physical thing at all. and if they can do this why not replace lost vanity pets or anything bought from the store ? i saw issue with proxy swampies at the champ will they return to deed form now ? but the bottom line why fix something that just wasn't broke ??