• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Pet Castle"...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya some players were talking about those trees.
They kinda missed the Black Gate item. Sad.
Also the Virtue tile quest givers have banners and we are done with that...
Hopefully they put the book straps in the Huntsmaster challenge rewards.
I hope they are going to add more than that shield to the pirate vendor.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That shield... I hope they give it some good properties...

I want the cute little tree...

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That shield... I hope they give it some good properties...

I want the cute little tree...
from what ive heard the shield is a morph item, take any shield and turn it into that, and im guessing the book straps are for people like me who carry multiple rune books, or multiple spellbooks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't cast a spell if it not is in hand or backpack.
They would have to change that and let the blessed books stay in it when you die. Or it will just be a different shaped container that only holds books.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Book straps were like belts and you carried them over your shoulder.
Ya you put a belt around your books and carried them by the leftover belt. When I was in school we did not use backpacks, you carried all your stuff in your hands. If someone had used a backpack the bullies would have beat the crap out of them for being different. A business sold leather notebooks that held a few books and supplies, those were cool so you could carry those.
When the next generation went to school they all had backpacks.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya you put a belt around your books and carried them by the leftover belt. When I was in school we did not use backpacks, you carried all your stuff in your hands. If someone had used a backpack the bullies would have beat the crap out of them for being different. A business sold leather notebooks that held a few books and supplies, those were cool so you could carry those.
When I went to school you took all your books home with you every day, bookstraps were great for keeping everything together.

Ning

Journeyman
I remember all that stuff too. Old men of the world unite! It's probably why I'm so good at carrying 15 things to the register at the convenience store without dropping any, I trained for it my whole life. Probably why I usually say no when they ask if I'd like a bag, subconsciously I'm afraid of the bullies.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lot of nice items coming up, hope most of them are rewards vice UO store. If UO store I will spend some of the money I save by not going out to the pubs during quarantine.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Lot of nice items coming up, hope most of them are rewards vice UO store. If UO store I will spend some of the money I save by not going out to the pubs during quarantine.
Forget that.
I want to farm and grind my life away for it .

LOL

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
surprised no one has commented on the refreshing of the house teleporters, what is that about? wonder if they are thinking of bring back house refreshing?

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
surprised no one has commented on the refreshing of the house teleporters, what is that about? wonder if they are thinking of bring back house refreshing?
I was wondering the same thing, but why the teleporters then? If they want to bring back House Refreshing, "messing" wit the current "three months before IDOC Cycle begin" status quo better they made an ACCURATE projection about Account Closing vs Money Squeezed forcing a more frequent "House Refresh Duty"...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering the same thing, but why the teleporters then? If they want to bring back House Refreshing, "messing" wit the current "three months before IDOC Cycle begin" status quo better they made an ACCURATE projection about Account Closing vs Money Squeezed forcing a more frequent "House Refresh Duty"...
That would be the biggest mistake they could do. Means you can't even leave for a vacation. Major power outage will mKe you lose your house. That would be the last nail in the coffin of UO

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That would be the biggest mistake they could do. Means you can't even leave for a vacation. Major power outage will mKe you lose your house. That would be the last nail in the coffin of UO
So let's hope for the best... remembering that lately sometime frequently somebody "up there" seems to LOVE to go on a Nail Gun spree on Game Mechanisms... :eek::p

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or you could pay your UO bill every 6 mo. and have your account auto renew then you don't have to worry about vacations or power outages, problem solved.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Or you could pay your UO bill every 6 mo. and have your account auto renew then you don't have to worry about vacations or power outages, problem solved.
Back to point one: the revenues are higer with, e.g., 10,000 Accounts that pays 1 month in 3, or with 1,000 that pays every month? Every other consideration is, from a commercial PoV, usesless moral judgement of people actions/intentions. Let's hope they can do the math.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back to point one: the revenues are higer with, e.g., 10,000 Accounts that pays 1 month in 3, or with 1,000 that pays every month? Every other consideration is, from a commercial PoV, usesless moral judgement of people actions/intentions. Let's hope they can do the math.
So you think that UO has 1000 steady customers and 10,000 customers playing the 90 day renew account game. Reverse those made up numbers and your theory is proven wrong. You can not prove your numbers just like I can not prove my numbers. Here is a better one, do away with the 90 day and see how many of those 10,000 customers join the rest of the 1,000 customers, now UO has 11,000 paying every month

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back then in the day you had to open a door at your house to renew it. If you did not after the window it would go into idoc so of something kept you from the game you would lose your house

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So you think that UO has 1000 steady customers and 10,000 customers playing the 90 day renew account game. Reverse those made up numbers and your theory is proven wrong. You can not prove your numbers just like I can not prove my numbers.
Do I really need to specify that those numbers were an example of the orders of magnitude I believe is involved? Please, you are way smarter than that! :)
And, yes, I'm really convinced that the percentage ratio between PAYING "1-in-3-Months" Accounts and the "Pay-every-Month" PLAYING Accounts is in the order of 10:1. Please prove me wrong. As you said: "You cannot prove your numbers just like I cannot prove my numbers":p

Here is a better one, do away with the 90 day and see how many of those 10,000 customers join the rest of the 1,000 customers, now UO has 11,000 paying every month
To try this is a "political" choice, and one that I hope the Team would never do (and that I'm quite confident, reading "the writing on the wall", that they WILL never do), because it will bring the game revenues under the profitability level that makes EA keeps Britannia Moon Gates still operative.
If you really think that going back to "Refresh monthly (or more frequently!) or have the House go IDOC" will makes more that a very small percentage of the PAYING Accounts to go to PLAYING Accounts... well, please be so kind to keep a little of the next batch of whatever you are smoking for me: it must relly be wonderful stuff...:D;)

Last edited:

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When I was in school, I seldom took my books home. Homework was something I refused to do. If I couldn't get it done during lunch, it didn't get done.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So you think that UO has 1000 steady customers and 10,000 customers playing the 90 day renew account game. Reverse those made up numbers and your theory is proven wrong. You can not prove your numbers just like I can not prove my numbers. Here is a better one, do away with the 90 day and see how many of those 10,000 customers join the rest of the 1,000 customers, now UO has 11,000 paying every month

I've paid all of my accounts all the time for years.... How do you think I have at least 9 accounts over 14 years old... Certainly not by paying only 3 months out of the year...

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've paid all of my accounts all the time for years.... How do you think I have at least 9 accounts over 14 years old... Certainly not by paying only 3 months out of the year...
Good for you! :thumbsup::)
Don't talke offense, but that was not the point of the discussion...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
after i read that, i wondered about that too.
but then looked at the book straps again.
there are two of them in the picture.

I know others automatically assume they are for adding runebooks.

but what if...
people have asked at meet & greets to be able to engrave
or to be able to have multiple locations on the teleporters.

===========

(there is also GA headline, GA body in the spoilers)
i was originally thinking these were for book straps, but now thinking
maybe for the tapestries.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back then in the day you had to open a door at your house to renew it. If you did not after the window it would go into idoc so of something kept you from the game you would lose your house
We are not talking back in the day, we are talking now.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do I really need to specify that those numbers were an example of the orders of magnitude I believe is involved? Please, you are way smarter than that! :)
And, yes, I'm really convinced that the percentage ratio between PAYING "1-in-3-Months" Accounts and the "Pay-every-Month" PLAYING Accounts is in the order of 10:1. Please prove me wrong. As you said: "You cannot prove your numbers just like I cannot prove my numbers":p

To try this is a "political" choice, and one that I hope the Team would never do (and that I'm quite confident, reading "the writing on the wall", that they WILL never do), because it will bring the game revenues under the profitability level that makes EA keeps Britannia Moon Gates still operative.
If you really think that going back to "Refresh monthly (or more frequently!) or have the House go IDOC" will makes more that a very small percentage of the PAYING Accounts to go to PLAYING Accounts... well, please be so kind to keep a little of the next batch of whatever you are smoking for me: it must relly be wonderful stuff...:D;)
OMFG Now everything is a "political" choice.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I was in school, I seldom took my books home. Homework was something I refused to do. If I couldn't get it done during lunch, it didn't get done.
Where did you leave your books, there were no lockers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
after i read that, i wondered about that too.
but then looked at the book straps again.
there are two of them in the picture.

I know others automatically assume they are for adding runebooks.

but what if...
people have asked at meet & greets to be able to engrave
or to be able to have multiple locations on the teleporters.

===========

(there is also GA headline, GA body in the spoilers)
i was originally thinking these were for book straps, but now thinking
maybe for the tapestries.
Or maybe we can recharge both teleporters from just on teleporter. But I like your idea better, it would take less teleporters to do say 3 houses, 3 teleporters vice 6

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where did you leave your books, there were no lockers.
In grade school, we had our own desks. The books stayed there.

In middle school and high school, we most certainly had lockers. My books stayed there.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
omg ... so many noobs ... hehe
the house teleporters need to be refreshed because sometimes they get "broken" by people dying on them - this fixes them without having to go into the house customization menu and changing the foundation - which you can't do on a castle btw - so the GMs are constantly called to come fix broken house teleporters - this just saves work for them by letting us do it ourselves - jeez

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the house teleporters need to be refreshed because sometimes they get "broken" by people dying on them - this fixes them without having to go into the house customization menu and changing the foundation - which you can't do on a castle btw - so the GMs are constantly called to come fix broken house teleporters - this just saves work for them by letting us do it ourselves - jeez
hmm ive never died on a house teleporter i didnt even know that was a thing.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You mean ACTUAL people instead of only 'toons???:eek:;)