• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet builds, besides Chiv/AI?

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Just wondering what people have out there for unique pet builds. Pets can have such unique properties for unique situations. Even if it's just a "I tried this for the heck of it" kind of pet.
I have a couple Chiv/AI pets. I recently did a Chiv/AI/FWW triton which is great for dungeons with way too many bad guys / square foot, or champ spawns, at least the waves of creatures. I was able to do the Piper Champ Spawn in half the time as my fully trained fully skilled WW since I can kill more monsters/sec when he casts the FWW. :)

But I'm just curious what other unique pets and builds you have come up with and what the purpose of that pet was.
Just trying to get ideas for other pet builds that I probably would never think of that would help me in current/future situations.
I'm a pure 120, Taming, Lore, Magery, Eval, Med and Vet. But if you have a pet build that pairs well with a different tamer build include that as well please.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Legacy skree
AI
Poisoning -- skill this up before proceeding
Venomous Bite
Magery Mastery (replaced poisoning)

Notes:
does not develop the highest level of poisoning
Kills Miasma repeatedly.
Does not look like a cu skidee or a triton

SouthPaw

Lore Master
A common one that a lot of us have is a Naja with poison/poison breath/FWW. Just a great AOE pet.
I have a Ossein Ram with AI/Chiv/LifeLeech-heals itself with large damage output. Great for single target, but very short on points, taming a highly rated one is a must.
I have a dread spider trained in Necromage/Lifeleech; damage output isn't that great to be honest, but he's very blasty with spells, fun to watch. Also very short on points. Will teleport to pirate ships.
I have a dimetrosaur with 90% physical resist, poison/poison breath, mortal strike, dismount-he's my only pet that killed a PK once after hitting him with mortal and poison. He's a tank.
Also have a saurosaurus with 85% physical and 90% fire resist plus it has life leech-very tanky but low damage output.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
100% Damage pets you can do Armor Pierce instead of armor ignore on. If the target has less than 40 in that resist you'll do more damage + a 10% Damage boost to from all sources for 8 seconds. Works well when paired with Inferno or Runic corruption on a fire beetle.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions.

Legacy skree
AI
Poisoning -- skill this up before proceeding
Venomous Bite
Magery Mastery (replaced poisoning)

Notes:
does not develop the highest level of poisoning
Kills Miasma repeatedly.
Does not look like a cu skidee or a triton
Laura, what is the idea behind training up the poisioning only to replace it with magery mastery? Won't that skill just disappear then?

I think I'm gonna try a Naja next. I'm working up my Honor virtue so I can get in there without being heavily ganged up by all of those dinos.
I also now have some idea of what to do with my fire beetle!
Anyone else out there have some different pet combos I'm all ears!

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions.

Laura, what is the idea behind training up the poisioning only to replace it with magery mastery? Won't that skill just disappear then?

I think I'm gonna try a Naja next. I'm working up my Honor virtue so I can get in there without being heavily ganged up by all of those dinos.
I also now have some idea of what to do with my fire beetle!
Anyone else out there have some different pet combos I'm all ears!
When you go naja hunting make sure it's a 2 slot (some are 3 slots), try to get one that has dex around 180. I'm a big fan of Honor taming, makes it so much easier.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The skill disappears, but its affect on "venomous bite" and the magery spell "poison" remains.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
The skill disappears, but its affect on "venomous bite" and the magery spell "poison" remains.
Oh that is really cool. I didn't realize special abilities will remain if the base magic gets removed. Does this trick work for other magics as well? Also, the venomous bite and poison spells will check against the poisoning skill for the damage amount I'm assuming. So, am I correct that the downside would be over time if that pet dies a bunch, it's poisoning and venomous bite will lower along with it?

When you go naja hunting make sure it's a 2 slot (some are 3 slots), try to get one that has dex around 180. I'm a big fan of Honor taming, makes it so much easier.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't really sure what makes a good one or not. I have never honor tamed before but it sounds so much easier. The last couple times I tried to tame a naja it was so flipping hard between it and all of the other dinosaurs around, I cannot wait to try it out.