• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pet bug

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Off and on for months now I've had this strange bug with my pets - so far its been two different Cu Sidhes and my greater dragon.

When i tell my pet to attack something, the dragon will start casting spells on it and the others will target it, but its like they get stuck and cant attack the monster unless the monster comes up to them.

For the Cu's I have to mount it and jump back off to get them to be able to move again. The dragon occasionally will get "unstuck" if I say all stop, then all follow me.. but immediately when i tell it to attack again it happens again, If all stop doesn't work I have to recall away.

No, its not just in fel, so they aren't stuck because of mobs surrounding them.
No, they aren't paralyzed - it happens vs magical and non magical creatures.
No, I didnt tell the pet all stay.

Any Ideas?!
Its starting to drive me insane.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That used to happen to me all the time on my spellweaver and an ogre lord.

I had thought the problem to be fixed, as I haven't seen it since the taming command changes, but I guess it's still out there.

As for a solution, I'm also stumped. I could never figure out just why my pets would freeze and stand still.

Z

zeroshade

I had this before during the time of the grim reapers, Page a GM, they should come and "fix" you pet. At least thats what i did and a very helpful and knowledgeable gm came.

If i had to guess, you were attacking something that teleported back to its original location... like vanguard or something. It was a bug, i thought was fixed, but apparently not fully.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im not sure but I think thats what happens when they are not wonderfully happy they will sit there til you feed them, but once in a while its been happening to me when they are wonderfully happy to I feed it and its fine.
but also the pet might not move because what you want it to kill might not be in the pets line of sight as something to do with the terrain. keep an eye out for messages saying that cant be seen.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I understand of it the pet is stuck on a different axis. This bug will show up at times when you recall with your pet, use the pet ball, occasionally when the pet dies /or gets to low in health and tries to fly off.

when this used to happen to me I would tell my pet to "come" not follow about 3 times. When the pet is not able to walk to you it will teleport to you. The come command uses a different pathfinding AI which allows for it to fix itself. Another fix was to mount up on my ethy horse not my Cu. the act of mounting the ethy will refresh the screen and cause the pet to drop back to the normal axis.

On a side note I have not had this issue since the teleport bug showed up so I am not sure if this will fix it anymore. By the teleport bug I mean where pets will cast it (you can hear the sound going off for the teleport) but they dont move.

hope this helps

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this problem last night training a pet. Line of sight is also borked too, I thought they had fixed that last patch.

N

Ni-

I would have this problem any time I let my pet off the screen, meaning the pet wasn't targetable. When the pet was back on the screen the bug would appear. I'm not sure if it is related to the health bar or because of my char not being on the same screen or what. That is simply my experience.

S

Sarphus

The quickest way to fix this bug is to feed your pet. It's an annoying bug, but feeding your pet will cause them to snap out of the condition.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normally it happens when the pet is already targetting another mob. Then it doesn't answer to your commands.
I think it's not a bug.

C

CroakerTnT

I see this problem occasionally. I don't know how or why it occurs, but it is fixed by feeding your pet.

L

Llams Anit

Off and on for months now I've had this strange bug with my pets - so far its been two different Cu Sidhes and my greater dragon.

When i tell my pet to attack something, the dragon will start casting spells on it and the others will target it, but its like they get stuck and cant attack the monster unless the monster comes up to them.

For the Cu's I have to mount it and jump back off to get them to be able to move again. The dragon occasionally will get "unstuck" if I say all stop, then all follow me.. but immediately when i tell it to attack again it happens again, If all stop doesn't work I have to recall away.

No, its not just in fel, so they aren't stuck because of mobs surrounding them.
No, they aren't paralyzed - it happens vs magical and non magical creatures.
No, I didnt tell the pet all stay.

Any Ideas?!
Its starting to drive me insane.

Not a bug!!!
It's a taming nerf
WOOT!!!!!!!
lol

R

Revenant2

I see this once in a while. When it happens, I think back and try to place just what happened to cause it so that maybe I can replicate it and make a good bug report. I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm trying (if it was my real, paid job to do it I'd work harder on it though hah!).

The pet sometimes retains the ability to follow you, but once you give the "all kill" command, it can't move. Other times, the pet cannot follow you nor move itself toward targets. I do not recall mounting and dismounting helping the situation in the past.

I've seen where you get on the pet, ride it a distance, get off, and it's still got the bug. Crossing server boundries may have fixed it once, but I havent been able to test that for real yet. The last time it happened to me was smack in the middle of Grizzled and I couldn't exactly hold off on the fix to check.

As of right now, feeding the pet will always fix the bugged state, in my experience.