• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Balls for the win!

G

So I see a tamer in Destard -

Get a curse on them, drop a explosion FS as they exit the dungeon. I'm knocked off mount by a bola. Dragon is on me, and even though the tamer is 1/5 health I know i gotta get away.

I run, invis, dragon reveals. Run some more, outrun the dragon no problem but the tamer is with me. Summon dragon. Tamer continues to chain poisen. I cure and keep hoofing it. Out run the dragon. Tamer summons dragons.

Repeat the run/poison/summon 4 times, until finally the dragon gets off 2 flame strikes.

Nice 1 on 1 fight, where they summon the dragon 5 times on top of me.

I guess I needed to get my own summon ball and summon up a horse to get back on mount and run with my tail between my legs.

Can't wait for the nerf stick -

A

Al Thorin

<blockquote><hr>

I guess I needed to get my own summon ball and summon up a horse to get back on mount and run with my tail between my legs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. Many PVP'rs do it, and they're usually the only people who escape that situation.

Though, by the time line, you started the fight. Maybe only pick fights you have better chances at winning?

I

imported_Goron

did the tamer bola you? If they did, how did they keep pace with you while casting poison? Everytime they cast you would gain didstance on them, so even if they did petball the dragon it would be at them, not you.

Nice try-

G

<blockquote><hr>

So I see a tamer in Destard -

Get a curse on them, drop a explosion FS as they exit the dungeon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why'd you attack them in the first place? With all the posts about the new dragons it is almost as if you did it just to have something to come here and post about.

K

Kurgan

"Yeah so I'm hanging out in Destard when I saw this dude with a realy BLING necklace, so I popped a few caps in him, made him slip off his mount, but as soon as he hit the ground. His big old dragon was on me like stink on s**t. I tried running and hiding but with no luck. I should have mounted and ran away. But did not think of it. But that dragon was persistant. I guess I needed to get my own summon ball and summon up a horse to get back on mount and run with my tail between my legs. I hope they get out the nerf stick on this, as I can't gimp kill anyone anymore."

G

Anyone fancy taking bets on how many "nerf dragons/tamers in PvP" threads we see here before the actual nerfs arrive? I bet the mods are so tempted to just see dragon in the title and smack delete now

I think we should also start a book on how long it takes for the anti tamer crying to start after the nerf.

I'm currently guessing: At least 20 and 1 hour after publish.

On the up side, if we do get properly sorted out, we'll all get to laugh even harder when someone screams "nerf cus in PvP!!!!111!"

Wenchy

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they'll nerf everyone but you and you can win every fight. Won't that be grand??

G

For what its worth.

I went back and killed this guy twice more. Then he got his buddy and i got mine etc. Turned into some good fighting.

I guess in hind site, i should have not stopped to cure my poison.

But thats how he kept with me, I was hurt, so i cured and was trying to heal.

If i had a bunch of pots I wouldnt have needed this.

If that guy can't constantly summon his dragon, he is toast with a gimpy tamer template. But the fact he can drag that super dragon back on screen so many times, so quickly hurts.

I

imported_Yalp

Sounds like what you mean is... if the tamer can't use his pet summoning ball then he is an easy mark and the "ATM Machine" of Fel.

Also sounds like you originally jumped a tamer in Destard who might have been training his pet. Not that he was out there looking to start a fight with his ninja/tamer/petball exploit a couple of people want to the dev's to nerf.

Yes sirrie! We sure do need to have the dev's put an end to those nasty rotten dirty tamers who use the petball! While they are at it.. maybe we can ask them to just charge a tamer 10k gold everytime they want to venture into Fel. What right do they have to be there anyway? Fel is for serious Pvp'rs not wanna be pet loving commie pinko tamers who have fleas!

SAVE FEL... REMOVE THE FLEABAGS!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serious hardcore PvP tamer 101. (Sorry fellow professional hardcore pvp tamers I am letting the secrets out)
1. Bond a super dragon and link it to a pet ball.
2. Have an Hxbow or Bola ready.
3. Have enough ninjitsu for mount speed form.
4. Make an UOA macro X as the following: Click "record", double click pet ball, all kill, target an item, click "stop" Now on UOA screen insert 250 pause time after "Use Item" and then change "Target" to "Last Target". Make a hotkey "Y" to play Macro X.
5. Find a victim.
6. Dismount -&gt; Dismount Shot or Bola to bola victim
7. Go into a running form and stick to the victim now running on his feet. Click Y, if victim survives first dragon assult and is gaining distance from your dragon, run to melee range again and click Y, Repeat until victim is dropped dead and an automated gold transfer message is shown on your screen.

This is the easiest way of becoming a highly skilled PvPer. There are many variations to it but you get the main idea.

The best part is after you killed your victim you can run up to his ghost and say "Owned Noob", "Learn2PvP", "Damn! you are terrible, I owned you with 1 key"

Last but not least, petballs are completely working as intended. It's what they called "creative use of in-game mechnism". If anything should be fixed, petballs should have unlimited charges, blessed, and are sold on any provisioner npc for I dont know, 5000gp? That's pretty reasonable IMO.