• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Ball: For which Dungeons will it not work?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi there,

I know that it doesn't work in Abyss, but I thought maybe a short list of "no go's" would be nice instead of letting you making your way into some dark place just to get to know in the end that your plans terribly failed since the pet ball doesn't work at this place. Are the ML-Dungeons "no petball areas"? The champ spawn dungeons in Fel? The new Doom?

Kind regards, Fizzle

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a list, but from experience tells me if you can't recall there, you can't use a pet ball there.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Typically if you can't mark there, the ball won't work.

Ilshenar as a whole, Tokuno dungeons, etc.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never used one because everywhere I would use one I tried and cant.

XeneX

Adventurer
I haven't run into it myself, but rumor was that there is a bug that can cause your pet to run off and that the only way to find it would be a pet ball. That may not be accurate any longer, but it's been enough to make me ball every pet I care about just to be safe.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Please fix. Let the pet ball work everywhere. Everywhere. Seriously.
Laura this may be "as intended" and fix may not be a fix, but easement, i.e. it is not something broken. They meant to put it there, to make it difficult making you toting your non-rideable pet. They need to fix other tings imo.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as intended
Yes, it's as intended, but things change and sometimes they forget to change other things. When they decided to fetch pets to you whenever you log out/in, they should also have changed the pet balls to work everywhere. As it is now, people log out/in and don't use pet balls.

They need to fix other tings
Add 'em to your 2019 Wish List.