• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Personality traits Would be fun

S

Sir Stain

I would love to make my miner a short fat dude with huge muscles or my tamer a woolly Barbarian looking character. I was wondering if this might a be a possibility someday?

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be possible, KR already has "Body Types" right?
They can make just about anything except altering your height and weight in the paperdoll and in the game.

Having said that, a "Barbarian" body type -and even a particularly hairy kind of body type with a beer belly- would be easy for them, they already have this old person and it looks so convincing I'm never going to pick it.

I suspect you want it for 2D though.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be very, very hard with the sprite-based graphics UO uses for characters - you'd have to have all positions of every permutation preanimated. Add it to the wish list for the next client :)

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I said it was possible ONLY for paperdoll art and ONLY in KR, except height/weight changes that would make your char clip through armour and all that.

That's exactly what body types do already. Just that they could use some more variety. The OP made me wonder how come they haven't included some Barbarian looking type with scars and all, or hairy beer-belly types of people.

H

Harb

Back in the day, there was much discussion about this. I don't know diddly about programming, but clearly recall the difficulty was in the term "sprite" based graphics. I'm out of my tree because this can become a programming discussion, some of the dev folks past seemed strongly in favor of meeting this desire, it was often discussed as one of the many benefits of going to a "true 3d gaming engine." I hope that means more to you than it does to me :)

There have also been other ideas along the theme of persoanlity traits. One of those receiving a lot of player attention, was the ability for a character to inherently earn slayer properties through in game efforts. The idea was kill a ton of liches, your character would earn and retain an inherent lich slayer property. Kill a ton of daemons, you'd earn a daemon slayer property. Kill tons of everything in a set, be a super slayer in and of yourself. The properties reside on the character, not the weapon, and coded so not to be adversly affected by opposing groups. It got kicked around a lot by players, but I remember no public discussion by any of the dev folks. There were ideas of non or slowly diminishing titles on paperdolls to reflect in game behaviors, such as the "Unwanted snoop" on a traditional thief, but I don't remember most of the details sorry (some were quite funny). Anyway, just reminissing!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know what you like.... And I agree it would be great to have different "body" styles..... from your buff six pack to the fat and jolly... Young to old.... I think it would be very nice to have a choice for this... But I also understand that would be a HUGE developer undertaking.... They would not only have to change the little sprites in game but they would have to change all the looks of all the clothes to suit the paperdolls of each character as a tunic would not "fit" the same on a buff six pack as it would on a big jolly belly.

I myself have always wanted to add horns to my character..... Scars.. tatoo's... things of this nature...

As far as a true 3d engine..... I don't care... I am happy as heck with the way 2d is.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I vote no. Reason being, this would take a long time to add. Time that should be spent balancing skills, fixing bugs, adding new content. Stuff that every player can enjoy. I don't really think many people other than banksitters would care for this addition.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

KR has body types, but they are limited to the standard form of the paperdoll. While you are able to tweak your face and "skin", you cannot change the proportions on the paperdoll.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish someday they would some how transfer all the skills and items into a brand new 3d engin like wow... would be huge undertaking I know but would bring thousands back at the same time... (alot of new game players hate how uo looks so they dont ever give it a shot) ... would be nice to be seen at E3, wish they never tossed out the NEW UO they were working on in the past. :( ...

Love 2d, but would be all for change in the future. (been playing since beta) ... love the game, wish it had more players. WoW's numbers would be fantasic... heh

R

RenaLynne

I would like to see the body types in KR, could someone post shots or a link? Plzzz?:D

L

Lily

I would like to see the body types in KR, could someone post shots or a link? Plzzz?:D

Download the KR client and go to luna mage shop where you will find the Body Sculptor. You can look at your characters with all of the different faces and skins that way.

Lily