• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Personal Updates on Roof

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've asked a few questions on here and got immense support so I thought I'd take a moment to share where I stand with the roof. I use a samp (training up a bard now to hold multiple keyed toons).

Bar - Pretty straight forward. @Tabin just posted on using a daisho for feint after the disarm (hadn't thought of that) so I will be trying that tonight. I've just been disarming, throwing 3 bottles then onslaught and hit 2x for the final shot. Average time is 7 min.

Orchard - Much more simple than I originally thought. Also, if you're using onslaught, have it toggled when you throw it at an unknown tree. The treefellow that spawns will die in 1 hit so even beyond not "worrying" about them while doing this...they die in 1 hit to not dismount you while you're mapping out the trees. Average time is 3 min.

Armory - Pretty straight forward. Biggest pain is waiting for new ones to spawn when you're the only one in the room. Onslaught and a couple dbl strikes and you're good to go. Average time is 15 min.

Fountain - Tried it solo...what a waste. You only have 30 minutes for the room and only 1 elemental spawns at a time. Just go in with 2 people :) A party of 3+ can be cumbersome though. 2 seems perfect to kill the ele's and map out the canals in a timely manner. I use a 100% fire dbl axe (same as I use for Ozy) and 1 hit the ele's. Average time (with 1 other person) is 20 min.

Belfry - Normally take a bard with me to disco. Honor from the ground, get wing and go up. I've found a few oddities that have changed our strategy. We've tried having drakes on the ground provoked on the drag to keep him "entertained". Not a bad thought but if you're running to the drag after a blowback you sometimes run off the ledge :D. I've found it most effective to have onslaught toggled and mash the attack nearest target macro, then when it hits toggle double strike and mash attack nearest target again. Hit 3 double strikes and go back to onslaught and mash the nearest target button between every shot. It keeps me focused on the drag instead of starring into space wondering why I'm not still attacking it. I hit for ~400-425 per hit so you don't have to do it for very long. Average time is 6 min.

Roof - Pretty solid encounter with a little preparation. I bring invis pots in case I have to pull the boss off the ledge myself (then run away and invis while they heal back up for the honor). Bring the boss back to the party in a corner and smash away. I swing away at onslaught and dbl strike until spawn comes. Then swap over to whirlwind and target the spawn until its gone. I've noticed my old playstyle I would try to kill every ounce of spawn before continuing on with boss, but that leaves miniscule whirlwind hits on the boss that do little damage and tend to bring about more spawn. So when I get down to 1 or 2 spawn near the boss I just flip back over to dbl striking the boss til another wave of spawn comes. I put my swampy in another corner when I'm beating on ozy and virtuebane cuz I tend to target my swampy by mistake if I leave him with me. Think that's all I can think of at the moment.

This crew's been immensely helpful with providing knowledge to see other people succeed at this encounter. I didn't get to do it right out of the ToL gate, so I'd like to thank all the individuals who were so forthcoming to see someone else do the roof and hopefully this will help someone else who may be struggling.

I also forgot, everyone likes to hear results. I've done ~ 10 encounters I believe. I've gotten 2 Jumu's Sacred Hide and I believe the next encounter I'll be on the threshold of another arty.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Fountain - Tried it solo...what a waste.
It takes 20 minutes with one other person and it takes 30 minutes solo.

I bring invis pots in case I have to pull the boss off the ledge myself
I tried invis pots but got a message like "your potion was interrupted".

I swing away at onslaught and dbl strike until spawn comes.
When in a party with a disco'er I also use ds (except Anon in human form) but when I do it solo I prefer ai (except Juo'nar).

cuz I tend to target my swampy by mistake
There is a settings "block war on pets".

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would b epically pissed if I did all of the fountain and missed it last second cuz I needed one piece or something...glad u were able to do it before the room timed out on u though. I get that message for the pots occasionally, but if I run like hell in the opposite direction most of the time I can manage to get enough distance between the boss to cast it without being interrupted.

I'll have to find that option for the pets and check that (thanks for the tip). I'll also have to remake a few weapons to do AI instead of DS. Is there reasoning as to why AI over DS when solo? I've noticed that on several videos as well that ppl are choosing AI over DS. I can do quite a bit of dmg with DS but I'm curious the logic behind AI vs DS in this particular application.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ahh good point. So common sense I didn't think of it. Thank u for pointing that out

Beo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is there any use for an archer or some kind of wammy in roof or should I just plan to bring my sampy with a group?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can do it solo with an archer. A wraith looks pretty useless there.
In a large group you can use any char.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nice write up. ;) I carry invis potions just in case too. I believe, to correctly use the potion without getting interrupted, you must run far, stop, drink, then hope you don't get hit before the invis takes effect. If you take a step after drinking, it will also interrupt it. I think swinging with a weapon/bow also interrupts it.

If I'm soloing, I only honor Virtubane and Ozy. If I have a partner, then I only honor Virtubane. You can also wait off screen and eventually the boss will come down on its own. This way the boss doesn't cast STR buff on himself and you don't have to use an invis potion either. For Anon, I use EOO and ele slayer (you can also use lesser slayer or double slayer). For Jounar, I use double slayer (tali and weapon) so you don't have to cast EOO.

As for your swampie, the spawn and the boss rarely ever agro my swampie so I just leave it next to me/on top of me. I have a macro to quickly mount when I need to run. This is mainly helpful for solo play though.

AI vs DS without a bard: AI for Anon and Ozy. AI does more damage here because you can't reliably connect with Onslaught and chain DS. It also saves mana since missing the second swing of DS still eats your mana. You can also switch mastery to Bushido for extra healing when using AI. DS for Virtubane and Juonar. Switch back to Onslaught when using DS. Keep in mind the downtime between switching masteries. =)

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Why do you not honor all the bosses? Less dmg taken and run the slow and steady coarse?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Why do you not honor all the bosses? Less dmg taken and run the slow and steady coarse?
I only honor the bare minimum simply because of how long it takes to honor. Your method of invis potion might be faster. For me, it takes about 2-5min. Depending on which boss, we can make a significant dent in hp in that 2-5min time. Honor only provides a max 100% damage bonus which is equivalent to a super slayer damage bonus. Lesser slayer provides a 200% dmg bonus. The game caps you at 300%. You naturally have 100% and warriors usually get the remaining 200% from stacking two of the follow: perfection, slayer, or EOO.

Against Ozy, you miss enough that your perfection damage bonus often gets reset back to zero so the extra damage is minimal. The best you can do is use EOO.

Against Anon's ele form and Juonar, you don't need the 100% damage bonus from honor because they are weak to 2x slayers (or EOO + slayer).

Virtubane is the only one that requires both EOO and honor to reach max damage bonus. He also hits really hard so you need the damage to life leech and tank.

For roof solo, I do recommend honoring both Ozy and Virtubane. Honoring the other two certainly doesn't hurt, it just isn't as necessary.

Hopefully I didn't go into too much detail. =)

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
With the mastery you have the same 100 HPR for 4 seconds as without the mastery, don't you?
Against Juonar and Virtubane, I'm using Onslaught so I don't think I get the benefit of 100 HPR for 4 seconds when I use Confidence. The 100 HPR bonus only works if I switch to the Bushido mastery, right?

EDIT: Ok I was wrong. It's the same 100 HPR bonus. Only difference is that with the Bushido mastery up, you can take a few hits without the HPR bonus decreasing as much.

""Anticipate Hit", with GM Bushido, Confidence gives +80 HPR for 4 secs, and restores 1-10 Health and 1-21 Stamina per successful Parry, with a 60% chance to reduce the Confidence HPR heal by 75% when hit, instead of completely losing it. With 120 Bushido, Confidence gives +100 HPR for 4 secs, and restores 1-12 Health and 1-25 Stamina per successful Parry, with a 80% chance to reduce Confidence HPR heal by 75% when hit, instead of completely losing it."

Last edited: