• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Personal Soulforge purpose

covert

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you get better return on unraveling at the public soulforge (unsure if you do at Queen's) and higher success chance at the Queen's forge (not sure if public offers this bonus), what is the purpose, beside training, by having a soulforge in my home?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used mine for training and now I use it for determining what I need to take with me to the queens forge for the imbues I wish to make

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, a lot of stuff you'll know beforehand won't be worth taking to the Queen's forge to unravel, so you might as well do it at home.

I also use it for the first 3 properties I wish to put on an item, since the chance will be close to 100% for at least 2 of them. Once I get to where there's a significantly less than 100% (say 60% or less) chance of success at home, THEN I'll relocate to the Queen's forge. IIRC, the public forge where the quest givers are is a "+1" forge, while the Queen's Forge is a "+3", and this is for both unraveling and crafting (skill is treated as that many points higher for success chance, or what is returned by the unravel, since there is supposedly a minor skill component to whether one will get relics or essence from items in the 400-450 intensity range, that race also modifies).

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...since there is supposedly a minor skill component to whether one will get relics or essence from items in the 400-450 intensity range, that race also modifies).
Basara, your imbuer is human, right? Mine is too, and I'm not super interested in making him a gargoyle once I hit legendary. In your experience, have your important imbues been good enough with a human at the Queen's soulforge that you don't wish your imbuer had wings?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only real loss is potentially unraveling a relic...

All a Human suffers from when imbuing is a lower success chance, and I'll take that over converting a character to Garg.