• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Personal news, the future and this board

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First the news:

My game time will run out in the first week of August. I intend to stop playing UO at that time due to my general lack of time to play and the fact that I'll have two new children to occupy what little free time I get.

I've already gotten rid of everything I need to get rid of in game, so I'm all set to stop my game at any given moment.

There are, however, two issues which need to be addressed before then.

1. UP - This is an issue which I need to take up with Scarst, but I'm bringing it up here to keep you up to date. The issue is this, "What do you think the future of UP holds?" Or "Do we need to change/give/do anything to ensure the guild goes on, or do we hold on to the title roles and let y'all suffer?"

If anyone wants to guide the guild into the future, please please PLEASE let us know (Even if you aren't currently a pirate... if you have a solid plan which doesn't alienate the remainder of the crew, we'll consider it).

2. These boards - I can do three things. First I can make someone else the head moderator (As the current moderators will be inactive). Second I can let the boards die out (do nothing). And finally I can get the stratics folk to cancel the boards entirely. As of now, these boards are the only way UP has to get messages out which we want everyone to read. Keep that in mind when you offer feedback.

If anyone in UP wants to moderate this board (which takes virtually no effort, I've had to moderate two threads in the entire time we've been here... both on account of a user who is no longer a part of stratics), then let me know so I can take action. I will submit anyone who is active in UP who wants the job.

M

Maximilliean

I sorry to hear that you are leaving UO, but I understand why. I wish you well in anything you decide to do and I hope your children grow up to be pirates too.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah we really do need to talk about the future of the guild my leadership was not meant to be a long term thing and in fact should have been up by now but with the events going on it was prolonged, my plans didn't take hold and nothing came of the time.

That being said UP does need a leader even if they're only going to act in an administrative role like basically what I've been doing while unfortunately every tiny complaint was taken to poor Aneirin, even though he had no obligation to listen to them.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahoy mates!

Tis sad news for sure, but I have been there myself and I do understand. I am currently a Stratics mod and would be happy to add the UP board to my lineup if that is an option.

As to the future... I still log in multiple times a week, but my play-time has been limited. As I mentioned in the past I would be willing to be a steward for the UP and be an administrator, but I cannot commit to leading the UP into the future... at this time.

Please let me know if I can assist.

Fair Winds

Schuyler

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly of you to actually volunteer.

And Petra works so fast too!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neither the boards nor the UP guild should be left to die out. Since the UP was (and hopefully will remain) one of the most fun guilds to play on Catskills, I am hoping that the remaining members will persevere.

Trinsac has offered to take over guild leadership somewhen in June (if I remember correctly), because then he will have more time to play. I think Trinsac would be a great choice, as he has been with us for a long time, and he is one experienced and level-headed reliable pirate scumbag. Schuyler Bain would have been as great a Captain, but he already mentioned that his time is too limited. Maybe he wants to assist Trinsac and be co-Captain. I also think that the Jolly Roger Inn should go to the person who wants to lead UP in the long term, and I know that Hook - the current owner - would have no problem with that.

I yet have to get hold of Trinsac, or maybe he reads this board soon, so he can give feedback and confirm or reject.

That being said, I wish you, Aneirin, and your family all the best and a lot of fun with your kids. You have a stressful but exciting times to look forward to. I always considered you a special friend in UO, and I had a lot of fun spending time with you and many other pirates on Catskills. Maybe we will meet again one day, and I hope we keep in touch. I will drop by these boards every now and then to see how you guys are doing.

My Ultima Online Travelogues will not be updated anymore but remain active, and you all have my e-mail address. I'll always be happy to receive news from you guys. The United Pirates website will remain online too, and if you want me to update it, just send me a message. I probably won't use ICQ anymore, so don't bother sending me messages there.

Best of luck and safe travels!
Hawkeye Pike

P.S.: Maybe I will visit you from time to time during the week of free playing for veterans that happens once a year.