• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Permanent boat paint

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just found out that the boat paints you can buy at the sea market don't last forever.

However, I was told that the special paints from the britannian ship captain's bundle (weathered and two-tone paint) available at the UO store are permanent. Is that true? If so, will they also work for orc ships and other galleons? And while we are at it, does anybody have a screenshot of these two colors?

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just found out that the boat paints you can buy at the sea market don't last forever.

However, I was told that the special paints from the britannian ship captain's bundle (weathered and two-tone paint) available at the UO store are permanent. Is that true? If so, will they also work for orc ships and other galleons? And while we are at it, does anybody have a screenshot of these two colors?
Yes to basically all of that. The captains bundle provides you with “weathered” ship paint, and “two toned” ship paint. They work on every ship type and are permanent for the entirety of the ships life. As for a screenshot of 2 colors, they are different from the regular boat paints in that each tub offers 12 different color options. Respectively each one looks a little different depending on the ship, so instead of sending you 96 screen shots, I will attach the color menu for each tub. The light colors are from the two tone, and the darker are the weathered. Feel free to ICQ me if you want/need any more screenshots of a ship type with the color applied if that’s something you need before you decide to buy the bundle. 668993460

Attachments

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Awesome!

Also thanks for letting me know that you can preview the color before committing a charge, this will help a lot.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The colors are horrible in the captain bundle
When they came a lot people asked for more solid deep shades instead we got pastels Easter colors

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's your opinion. The Green looks great on my Brit ship that I have parked at the Skara ferry to act as a public bridge for trade order delivery.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your right it is my opinion
What is the problem with having darker deeper colors that appeals to others as well

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your right it is my opinion
What is the problem with having darker deeper colors that appeals to others as well
Nothing at all man. I agree with you, I think that there should be darker colors. Buuuut, I think that the weathered colors look dark enough on Brit ships, so it’s all a matter of perspective. The “pastels” are basically metallic colors, which some people dig, others don’t. Appealing to everyone is a struggle every company in the world will go through, so if BS dropped the ball for you on boat colors.. it is what it is.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes since appeal to a select group only
They are doing that well look at the empty shards. They master it Good business model?
But anyways what is the problem with adding more colors to the boat paint it’s very simple coding. More colors more people happy makes more money makes more since to me.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just let us dye the boats with pigments. The shadow black would be nice