• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Performance when running by housing

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't know what I mean, run around fel yew gate on ATL. It's just unbearable.

Oh, not to mention those houses with tons of waterfalls in front of it. That will practically bring FPS to a hault.

My suggestion, and this is pretty wild, but I would LOVE to be able to turn housing off so that all I see when I run around is the plot, and that's it.

Wouldn't that increase performance?

This way, those people that love to run around and PVP can do so without having to worry about FPS issues while running by houses.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the same problem. When PvP'ing it gets very annoying. I find myself getting stuck trying to run into a house I couldnt see a few seconds ago!

I think my issue is my terrible internet connection though.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the same problem. When PvP'ing it gets very annoying. I find myself getting stuck trying to run into a house I couldnt see a few seconds ago!

I think my issue is my terrible internet connection though.
It may be connection for your issue, not sure. I do not have issues running into houses, the plots pop up quickly for me. It's just running by those houses causes a major FPS drop.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't know what I mean, run around fel yew gate on ATL. It's just unbearable.

Oh, not to mention those houses with tons of waterfalls in front of it. That will practically bring FPS to a hault.

My suggestion, and this is pretty wild, but I would LOVE to be able to turn housing off so that all I see when I run around is the plot, and that's it.

Wouldn't that increase performance?

This way, those people that love to run around and PVP can do so without having to worry about FPS issues while running by houses.
Heh this is something that I've had plenty of experience with over the years but then I got bored with UO 6 months ago & that accidentally fixed my problem..... I got bored with UO and started playing BF4 and ultimately 40-55 FPS on low graphics wasn't cutting it for me. 1 New PC latter I'm pulling 120 FPS gtx 780 TI + Acx with a 120 Hz Monitor..... Well the beauty is that UO no longer lags me !! heh. After 17 years I've finally managed to upgrade my pc enough (probably the 5th time) that I simply don't noticed it lag out in luna (assuming my ping is working well that day).. Throw money at the problem!

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh this is something that I've had plenty of experience with over the years but then I got bored with UO 6 months ago & that accidentally fixed my problem..... I got bored with UO and started playing BF4 and ultimately 40-55 FPS on low graphics wasn't cutting it for me. 1 New PC latter I'm pulling 120 FPS gtx 780 TI + Acx with a 120 Hz Monitor..... Well the beauty is that UO no longer lags me !! heh. After 17 years I've finally managed to upgrade my pc enough (probably the 5th time) that I simply don't noticed it lag out in luna (assuming my ping is working well that day).. Throw money at the problem!
What about running around Felucca Yew Moongate where all the housing is?