• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Perfect timing quest

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I am working on the perfect timing quest and finally getting through most of the list but I've run into a snag. I can't find the gears, I have tried making gears, which is not acceptable. I also tried iron ingots thinking it may work like the hides for leather, but nothing. So were are the gears? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The gears are the "Axle with gears" on the middle table, between the feathers and black powder.

I was doing the same quest about 12 hours ago, trying to get uncommon gears for some music boxes in public houses I help with (the player center and rune library associated with it on LA).

The quest is infinitely repeatable, BTW, though for crafting you only need one of the manuals per tinker. The dirty gears (that clean on clicking them) are considered to be the primary reward, as they give all of the music gears (regular and SA), with the exception (as far as I can determine) of The Wanderer.