• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

People with new-born infants should get to have GM Hiding for free.

P

Pindershot

Little dude cries, poops, barfs at the most inconvenient times.

M

MoneyMaker

Trust me, you learn to fit it into almost every template you make.
You think its bad now, wait til they are in the teen years.......:wall::cursing::coco::bored:

(no one made us procreate, aran, but no one said we couldn't enjoy trying)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Little dude cries, poops, barfs at the most inconvenient times.

Can't help with the pooping and barfing; that's just what they do, but the crying is another thing. I've got 5 kids, and they've all been trained to sleep when they smell lavender oil. Even eldest, aged 18yrs now, starts yawning when she smells it :)

For under 1yr, you need lavender oil and a carrier. 5 drops of lavender to 10ml of carrier oil, 1 drop on a hanky tucked down the side of babys bed. For 1yr to 3yrs or so you can put an extra 2 drops in, so 7 drops lavender to 10ml of carrier oil and a couple of drops on the hanky.

Oh, and 'proper' baby powder is a must. I make my own.

8 tablespoons of Kaolin
4 tablespoons of ground Arrowroot
20 drops of lavender oil
15 drops of chamomile

Put it all into a tub with a wide top and a lid. Shake. Put in a warm place, like an airing cupboard for a couple of days to cure. Shake. Ready to go. You'll need either a powder pouf thing or a very large makeup brush to apply. Stroke, don't pat - you want to avoid creating dust.

As a parent, lavender oil is your friend. Feel free to check with your pharmacist or health visitor, I know the mixes differ wherever you are in the world. Those are what worked for us :)

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Already got it! I thought about it when I found I was having twins. Finished it up in no time.

It already comes in handy for those emergency bathroom times.

P

Pindershot

Can't help with the pooping and barfing; that's just what they do, but the crying is another thing. I've got 5 kids, and they've all been trained to sleep when they smell lavender oil. Even eldest, aged 18yrs now, starts yawning when she smells it :)

For under 1yr, you need lavender oil and a carrier. 5 drops of lavender to 10ml of carrier oil, 1 drop on a hanky tucked down the side of babys bed. For 1yr to 3yrs or so you can put an extra 2 drops in, so 7 drops lavender to 10ml of carrier oil and a couple of drops on the hanky.

Oh, and 'proper' baby powder is a must. I make my own.

8 tablespoons of Kaolin
4 tablespoons of ground Arrowroot
20 drops of lavender oil
15 drops of chamomile

Put it all into a tub with a wide top and a lid. Shake. Put in a warm place, like an airing cupboard for a couple of days to cure. Shake. Ready to go. You'll need either a powder pouf thing or a very large makeup brush to apply. Stroke, don't pat - you want to avoid creating dust.

As a parent, lavender oil is your friend. Feel free to check with your pharmacist or health visitor, I know the mixes differ wherever you are in the world. Those are what worked for us :)
Thanks for the advice!

F

Flora Green

Hah hah. Yep, hiding is on most of my main characters now. Infancy has nothing to do with it. Wait til they want a new dvd in, or bug you for a juice refill, or run off with your mouse. :)

M

MoneyMaker

I've got 5 kids :)
Its is nice to know that I am not the only one who is "insane". :D
Love them all, but when Dads on UO, they seem to make it a point to try and start:
A- an argument
B- a conversation that I can't ignore
C- just irritate me for the satisfaction of seeing me go OoooOOoo.

Gotta love the wonders of nature that keeps humans from eating there own young :coco:

Some days, the only thing that keeps me going is the knowlege that at least one of them will have my grandchild......... then begins the spoiling hehe

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its is nice to know that I am not the only one who is "insane". :D
Love them all, but when Dads on UO, they seem to make it a point to try and start:
A- an argument
B- a conversation that I can't ignore
C- just irritate me for the satisfaction of seeing me go OoooOOoo.

Gotta love the wonders of nature that keeps humans from eating there own young :coco:

Some days, the only thing that keeps me going is the knowlege that at least one of them will have my grandchild......... then begins the spoiling hehe
LOL, when asked if I like children, I have been known to reply with 'not raw' or 'yes, but I couldn't eat a whole one' :D

My kids love to watch both of us play - hubby plays too - and our 12yr old is desperate to hit 13yrs, get a pooter and an account of her own. She loves having a go on my account, although she's not allowed to leave my house.

Kids are known for their abysmal timing - I sometimes wonder how mine ever ended up with siblings. I live in hope that at least one will become rich enough to keep poor old mum in a style to which she could easily become accustomed!

M

MoneyMaker

It must be something in nature, that makes us want ANOTHER baby in the house, after the long nights, late feedings, dirty diapers and later the other "wonderful" *sarcasm* things our children are known to do.

My theory? Its the baby smell. No, not the smell your thinking of (the dirty diapers and stale milk vomit), but that indescribable Baby smell.
Those who have had children know what I am talking about.
It defies description, but when your baby grows up enough to loose it, you know and you miss it Soooo bad that your (for some ungodly reason!!! this is natures lil trick!!) willing to have another baby to get it back!!!
Anyone else ever experienced it?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait til they <snip> run off with your mouse. :)
What the hell? :bored:

that indescribable Baby smell.
Those who have had children know what I am talking about.
It defies description, but when your baby grows up enough to loose it, you know and you miss it Soooo bad that your (for some ungodly reason!!! this is natures lil trick!!) willing to have another baby to get it back!!!
I know that smell, and I know a way to get it without having to worry about paying for college or the other stuff that makes your hair turn grey. Get a job at a daycare center. :D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm, baby smell. Yeah, know what you mean. No more for us now, though - 5 is definitely plenty. I settle for nabbing other peoples babies for a cuddle :)

P

Pindershot

Sure thing. Nothing like it.

Did anyone ever see Rainn Wilson (he now plays Dwight on The Office) on Six Feet Under?

He delivered the following line with incredible creepyness:

"I love babies, they smell so sweet"

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are too many people on the planet already, why would I want to add more to the festering pile?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to remember that for when/if I decide to have children.
Electronic abuse by minors... Scary stuff.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on mouse #3. First she chewed the rubber on the wheel. Second one was tossed across the room. She's also fascinated with pulling the keys off of the keyboard. She now has her own Disney Princess computer which makes mine less interesting. :D
OMG! I won't dare mention that possibility to the hubby! Having terrible two at once is scary enuf for us! :eek:

*has visions of hubby holding baby at computer when baby decides to spew*:lol:

I can see where our lifestyle is gonna get an extreme makeover pretty darn fast.