• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

People selling Shard Shield Tokens?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I logged in today for the first time in a long while and was checking transfer tokens on Atlantic vendor search. They were selling for 175M each. I also noticed shard shield transfer tokens selling for more than 100M each. They were flagged "Account Bound." Of what use could these be to anybody else? Scam?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can double click them and they become decorative shard shield so you can use them as deco, but you cannot use them to transfer. Used to see them a lot at idocs, of course now they go pooooof. they are pretty much worthless a few million gold for display purposes. when you double click them you can actually choose any shard shield design as a Gump comes up. But like I say. DECORATION ONLY

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You can double click them and they become decorative shard shield so you can use them as deco, but you cannot use them to transfer. Used to see them a lot at idocs, of course now they go pooooof. they are pretty much worthless a few million gold for display purposes. when you double click them you can actually choose any shard shield design as a Gump comes up. But like I say. DECORATION ONLY
Attention! The OP was writing about SS TOKENS, i.e. the Tokens one gets from the SS, NOT the SS themselves (that, in any case cannot be "installed" not even as Deco by anyone other that its original Account holder...).

Last edited:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wasn't there a source of decorative shields also from cleanup?
Yes, there are, and thay are freely usable (as PURE DECO) & Vendorable by anyone.

But some Scammers actually sells ACCOUNT BOUNDED SS Transfer Tokens without any warning that the Tokens are Deco ONLY.
A few sellers write it, TBH, but the majority don't, and this (knowingly done or not), is a pure Scam.

BTW: I haven't ever seen a SS DEED on a Vendor. Recovered a couple of them in old IDOCs and plenty of SS Toknes too, but I don't even know if it is possibe to put a SS Deed on Vendors, being them Account Bounded...

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't imagine spending more than 100M on an account bound shard shield token - what could you possibly do with a token you can't redeem? The tooltip did say they're account bound, but my first reaction was that somebody was hoping somebody would buy one hoping to transfer a character. Welcome back to Atlantic.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes they’ll put a real transfer token on top of a stack on a vendor, with shard shield tokens underneath it hoping that someone buying multiple tokens will just keep clicking without reading the titles. It’s a scam. There’s no legitimate reason at all to sell a shard shield token.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I can't imagine spending more than 100M on an account bound shard shield token - what could you possibly do with a token you can't redeem? The tooltip did say they're account bound, but my first reaction was that somebody was hoping somebody would buy one hoping to transfer a character. Welcome back to Atlantic.
Sadly this don't happens on ATL only... :(

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sometimes they’ll put a real transfer token on top of a stack on a vendor, with shard shield tokens underneath it hoping that someone buying multiple tokens will just keep clicking without reading the titles. It’s a scam. There’s no legitimate reason at all to sell a shard shield token.
One reason there could be: some people like to collect even Tokens (ehr, guilty as self-charged...:p).

The real Scam IMO is in not CLEARLY writing that they are DECO ONLY.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought account bound items were not allowed on vendors now. They were going to change that.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
all it takes is one poor sap that didnt realize they cant use. i remember when i first started, i bought some vet rewards and i couldnt use them because i wasnt old enough lol. there so much to know in this game.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
all it takes is one poor sap that didnt realize they cant use. i remember when i first started, i bought some vet rewards and i couldnt use them because i wasnt old enough lol. there so much to know in this game.
Same here. The first "rare" I bought just after coming back in 2018 was a "New Player Starter Kit Token" Deed, for the, then for me crazy, sum of 40 Mils (from a... "famous" Seller at a House near Luna West Gate)...:sad3::p

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I once bought a used scroll of valiant commendation when I didn't know better. Most expensive deco item I ever bought I think:beer:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I thought account bound items were not allowed on vendors now. They were going to change that.
they did
1613524377063.png

people get around that, by placing inside secret chests.
And I think the recent patch could have undone it too.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly from day one of UO it has always been a buyer beware system. Scamming is legal as long as you do not use an exploit to do it.