• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

People amuse me

E

Eldorian

I'm playing my female night elf druid tonight. She's only level 17. I was standing at the Darnassus bank swapping some stuff out of my bags when this level 70 night elf rides up on his mount and opens the trade window.

And then he puts in 100 gold in the trade window and clicked the accept button.

Being the nice guy I am, I ask him first "What's this for?" Thinking he might have made a mistake.

He replies "It's a gift. I think you have beautiful hair."

I accept the 100 gold and tell him thanks.

He replies "You're welcome. I'd like to get to know you better"

I reply "I'm a guy IRL"

Never heard back from him again.

E

Emuishere

Gotta love the male libido even when it comes to pixels...In all my years of playing it still never ceases to amaze me.

L

Lag

This is worse when you are a 12-13 year old guy playing a female...

Not from personal experience :p

E

Emuishere

Think this is almost as good as they guy who wanted to RP with my succubus.

L

Lag

Wait, not your character, your succubus?

This reminds me of a quote

In the internetz, men are men, women are men, and the 14 year old girls are really FBI agents.

C

Chronic Apathy

In the internetz, men are men, women are men, and the 14 year old girls are really FBI agents.
LOL, He was trying to buy Eldorian's affection that in a game. Now that's sad.

:lame:

P

Pashta

What's worse is when they know you are a real chick, then they start to hound you...

R

Rejject

Maybe the guy was triing to get approval from the succy in the hopes that you would fall for him. LOL, kind of like the.... um wel never mind CHICKS AND WOW = HOT HOT LOL

D

Devilengine

lol

I'm playing my female night elf druid tonight. She's only level 17. I was standing at the Darnassus bank swapping some stuff out of my bags when this level 70 night elf rides up on his mount and opens the trade window.

Being the nice guy I am, I ask him first "What's this for?" Thinking he might have made a mistake.

I reply "I'm a guy IRL"

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I reply "I'm a guy IRL"

:lol::lol::lol:

E

Emuishere

Well now I got one, I'm shopping on my pally on the AH and I get this whisper. "Will you dance naked for 2g." My curiosity got me here so I humored the guy, besides if aosmeone gets off on pixels...um enough said.

So then he asks "What else will you do for gold, I can go up to 30g." This is where I draw the line...a dance sure...cyber...go find someoen else. I was just amazed at the fact even in a game some men are like this. I should have told the guy I was really a man!

P

Pashta

Honestly, I have heard of one that did sell herself (in reality) for in-game stuff. I don't remember if it was WoW or another game, but the chick seemed proud of herself for doing it and whatever she got, it was very hard to get.

I don't care what it is, selling sex for anything is disgusting. :(

E

Eldorian

Honestly, I have heard of one that did sell herself (in reality) for in-game stuff. I don't remember if it was WoW or another game, but the chick seemed proud of herself for doing it and whatever she got, it was very hard to get.

I don't care what it is, selling sex for anything is disgusting. :(
It was for 5000 gold so she could buy an epic flying mount.

L

Lag

I thought it was a 3 some?

I need to stop reading the WoW general forums...

P

Pashta

Wow, Eldorian, that wasn't as hard to get as I thought. How sad.

W

wtfisit123

Wow, sadly same thing happened to me (directed at first post, i know im a tad late), except was odd because i was a tauren in thunder bluff, it was twelve gold, he said lets talk behind this tree, and it was an orc.... tad more ugly version, except i did hear back from him... and he was one desperate person lol

X

xdarthduckiex

I've had some experiences like that in-game before, and it never fails to shock me.

I actually had a guy offer me 5k gold, if I told him my myspace url and sent a picture of myself. He knew I was a woman from our guild, and he even went as far as offering me 10k if I gave him my phone number so we could chat.:coco:
The sad thing was that he knew I was married, and he still offered the gold hoping I would accept. Sheesh!

S

Ssonic19

Ha! Lucky... the most I made off with was about 5g and some green 1h sword on my lowbie female NE rogue.

But seriously. My 9-year-old niece wonders why her mother (my sister, who played on the same server as me for a few months) won't let her have a WoW account.

J

Joshmaul

Unless they're over the age of...about 13-14 (or more mature than most kids their age), kids shouldn't touch WoW. Period.

N

Nyaz

Same thing happened to me on my night elf druid at lvl 10, only a few days ago!

All of a sudden, this male night elf druid at a similar level showed up out of nowhere and kept following me around, saying "i love you" and some broken english with horribly mispelled stuff.

What did I do? Well, since he followed me around, he also killed some mobs around me, so I kept him around for maybe 30-40 minutes to help me finish some quests.

Then when I finally got bored of him, I ungrouped and shadowmelded behind a tree, and he kept running onward, thinking I was just up the road. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was still running today... running... running... running into the sunset...

W

wtfisit123

I've had some experiences like that in-game before, and it never fails to shock me.

I actually had a guy offer me 5k gold, if I told him my myspace url and sent a picture of myself. He knew I was a woman from our guild, and he even went as far as offering me 10k if I gave him my phone number so we could chat.:coco:
The sad thing was that he knew I was married, and he still offered the gold hoping I would accept. Sheesh!
If i were u, i would right off the back said hold on, made a fake myspace with fake name, and fake picture, told him a fake phone number and taken the 10k gold, then ignore the guy and not go online for a little while lol

X

xdarthduckiex

If i were u, i would right off the back said hold on, made a fake myspace with fake name, and fake picture, told him a fake phone number and taken the 10k gold, then ignore the guy and not go online for a little while lol

My husband said that too playing around, but I honestly didn't want to mess with any of it. I just wanted to be left alone, and I finally had to be mean about it before it happened. :blushing:

L

Lag

My husband said that too playing around, but I honestly didn't want to mess with any of it. I just wanted to be left alone, and I finally had to be mean about it before it happened. :blushing:

You know that pretty red "?" button?

Press that :)

Honestly, anyone gave me any crap (even though I'm a guy...), a nice vacation from WoW shuts them up.

S

Ssonic19

You know that pretty red "?" button?

Press that :)

Honestly, anyone gave me any crap (even though I'm a guy...), a nice vacation from WoW shuts them up.
I find that the lengthier my ignore list gets, the more enjoyable my visits to major cities are.

R

Rockafizz

HAHA..come to Goldshire on realm/server: Blackwatewr Raiders.

they turned it into a stripclub...pretty funny ^.^
poor humans who have to go in there for quests =( i feel bad that they have to go through the ERP'ing house....(ERP'ing = Erotic Role Playing)

Er...i have all guy characters...i was offered 300g for a nekkid Dance on my Nelf By a man who apparently was into other men. i found it funny ^.^

T

The Barista

All of my chars are male to avoid situations like this, it got old even when I was playing uo 6 years ago.

K

Kissmyangus

I played the game "ultima online" for the better part of a decade.
In this game there were scores of very desperate people who did nothing but hit on "women" one sorry chap ... Walter i think he was named and i dont recall the shard... cannot quite remember for sure... it was a long bit ago, he was cybering this "gal" for months via typng over icq and such.. and after a good many "sessions" he finds out he has been buying in game time with a guy...lol

there are a great many stories of such things, its too funny to imagine someone can be so desperate but it does happen.

i say if you can get gold for "dancing" nekid on a post or a mailbox.. go for it, im a guy who plays male only toons, perhaps i been going about this gold thing all wrong...heh

G

GrizzleyAdams

Yea I always play as female characters and act like I'm brand new at the game and get money all the time. Females get a gender advantage.