• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pentagram Gozas?

B

BellaofCats

I've seen small pentagrams that look like floor tiles used in a couple of houses now but cannot figure out where they come from. When you click on it, it just says "Pentagram". Does anyone know of these and where they came from? I don't see them with the usual flooring choices when customizing.

Thanks!

Bella

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They use goza's to 'chop' the pentagram up and remove some pieces.

I don't chop things often, so I may not be 100% correct on what I tell you, but it should be fairly close.

You'd place goza's where you'd want the pieces..
Raise them - twice should do it

Place pentagram on top

From there you should be able to raise (or lower) some pieces of the pentagram with the house tool and axe other pieces depending on which you want.

Hopefully Vlad wanders into this post, He can probably give you an exact step by step of how to do everything.

I hope this was at least somewhat helpful. :/

B

BellaofCats

Wow! No kidding! That is pretty cool and I think I will have to give it a try. Once I'm home from work tonite, I will give it a go with your instructions and let you know how I made out.

Another question if I may: Once the pentagram is raised into place, are we able to walk on it even if it is elevated?

I'm always amazed at how players come up with this stuff. Such imagination!!

Thanks for such a quick reply!

Bella

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pentagram?

They did somthing with one of the latest patchs that I think broke the pentagrams, they now have color filling the spaces and not clear like they used to be.

Also if they are raised to high with gozas they can be made unpassable to were you cannot walk on them or thru them.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
items that can normally be walked on can be raised two clicks and you'll step up onto them

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be warned... this kind of trick is a great way to loose deeded rare items, including vet rewards. Even by accident. It can suck in a bad way, sometime.

B

BellaofCats

Be warned... this kind of trick is a great way to loose deeded rare items, including vet rewards. Even by accident. It can suck in a bad way, sometime.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the warning!

Bella

O

OrianaGRI

Just the topic I need.

I"ve not made a chopped pentagram floor until now. I understand (and tested) that you do the following: place a 3x3 square of goza mats first, then raise 3 times, then target central mat with penta deed. Finally lower 2 times the goza mats under the sections you want "broken", then chop.

So far this seems to work, but beyond this I have a couple of questions.

What happens when I get to tiles I want to fill with penta centers in cases where these spots are next to walls and beside stairs?

Must I leave the goza mat underneath the central penta tile?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just the topic I need.

I"ve not made a chopped pentagram floor until now. I understand (and tested) that you do the following: place a 3x3 square of goza mats first, then raise 3 times, then target central mat with penta deed. Finally lower 2 times the goza mats under the sections you want "broken", then chop.

So far this seems to work, but beyond this I have a couple of questions.

What happens when I get to tiles I want to fill with penta centers in cases where these spots are next to walls and beside stairs?

Must I leave the goza mat underneath the central penta tile?
Directions (hope these still work):

Result (in my music room):

I used the rug edges to cover those spots, when I did pentagram floors.

Things to note:

1. It takes forever to do even a small floor. FOREVER.

2. Sometimes the pentagrams "sink" and vanish under the stone tiles of my castle, I have quite a few holes now *siiigh* I think it might be caused by stuff trying to spawn inside the house (orc camps etc), they'll pop up for a second then get shoved outside but the damage is done.

3. If you end up breaking a multi tile add on but haven't chopped it yet with an axe you can still save it - just lower all the pieces untill it is whole again. With most you can tell if you try to raise the pieces, once it has merged into being whole again you can no longer move the individual pieces. Once you chop a part of something, it will be lost.

4. If you don't want to do a whole floor, you can do a border and fill in the middle with borderless goza mats or carpet tile or whatever. Or just do runners, they weren't so bad.

B

BellaofCats

Welcome back Sarsmi! And thank you so much for the detailed pictures!! I have had real life issues of late that have kept me from working on this but I do plan on giving it a go very soon. The pictures will be of great help!

Bella

T

Tazar

2. Sometimes the pentagrams "sink" and vanish under the stone tiles of my castle, I have quite a few holes now *siiigh* I think it might be caused by stuff trying to spawn inside the house (orc camps etc), they'll pop up for a second then get shoved outside but the damage is done.
I have also noticed that if a moongate is opened above them, then they tend to drop when the moongate disappears.