• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Penny For Your Thoughts

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was an interesting meeting with Penrose. I had asked Izznet to accompany me and to Moonglow where the meeting was to take place. Arriving a bit ahead of time, we entered the building and took a seat. In shore time Aila arrived followed by Penrose.

From the onset it was clear that the man still did not trust me much. Our dealings in the past never seemed to go the way he wanted them to. If only he could see that thought I did not give him what he wanted, I did give him what he needed.

I started off telling him that was not looking for any aid for me, only for the people of Yew. I was hoping that he could offer them some aid, or in the very least offer them shelter in his town should an evacuation of the area be warranted. For this I would grant him access to a series of books I knew would fire his imagination.

As we were speaking, Minalan entered the office and stood along the wall across from me. Penrose addressed him saying that he would not be much longer with me, if he would care to wait. Then to me he asked if I minded the red mage’s presence. I of course had no objection to him being there and turned back to speak to Penrose. Before I could utter a word, he said that he would offer the aid I see under two conditions.

First, he would use the power of his office to name me Governor of Yew, and then he and his men would help clear the Hand out of the area. It seemed that would be a task he would take great pleasure. Once I was appointed I was to nullify any warrants against him from the city of Yew.

Second, I would assist him in the arrest of two women who seemed to have it in for him. One who swore out the arrest warrant on him and the other the one tasked with carrying out the arrest. They would then be put on trial according to the laws of Moonglow and imprisoned.

First I told him I would have no part in punishing in any way the two and second that I did not wish to be governor of Yew. That my task was to keep safe the town until a strong leader stepped forth.

Penrose told me there was more I could do for the people of Yew from the Governor’s office, with his support behind me. As I again started to protest Aila spoke up and voice the same assurances. That being the Guardian of Yew would not do my people as much good as being Governor would be.

It all started to make a bit of sense to me, and I asked Penrose for a night to consider the offer. He agreed and we started to leave.

It was then that Penrose spoke to Izznet telling her that the next time she wished to enter Moonglow she should fill out papers in advance. That is she were seen there again without such registration, she would lose her head.

This angered me greatly. Every part of me wanted to turn and confront Penrose on such a threat to a woman who is with me. But instead a laughed and asked him why Moonglow was now registering Drow women. Then reaching my hand towards Izznet I bid her leave with me. She was not at all happy with what was said, but she knew I had gone there for aid and sometimes when asking for help, one must humble their selves a bit.

Yes, it was all too clear what Penrose had in mind. He would use what power he had to first drive out the hand, and then turn his mind towards punishing Gillian and Dramora for their actions against him. With the Hand gone he would then use his influence and power to control my actions and through me the city of Yew. I must consider carefully any choice I make. Trading one tyrant for another is not what was needed at all.

Perhaps Rotep is right and I should allow events in Yew to run their course. I could turn myself in and allow them to put me on trial, imprison me or whatever. Or I can listen to Izznet and either walk away from Aegis never to look back, or continue the path I am already on, and hope for the best.

I have one night’s time to make up my mind.