• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Peerless hunt, Tuesday 3rd (change of venue)

C

cheerful

*waves to Kraken*

8pm start but we will be key collecting from 7pm. If you want to collect keys but have not been in the dungeons then you will need entry quests, if that is the case give a shout here and we'll sort it out before the event this time.

change of venue

In the interest of breathing some life into Britain the meeting place will be the newly re-furbished bank in the western part of the city.

You can tell me your thoughts on this on Tuesday.

Alyx.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*checks supplies*

Spellbook - check

Armour, all repaired - check

Cuddly toy - che .. how'd that get in here? :blushing: *sneakly puts toy back in bag*

*waits impatiently for tuesdays hunt* :gun:

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good to see you bringing life back to Briotain and the spell weave circles there ready for you too.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We're thinking of killing Medusa on Tuesday, so you may find this page interesting.

The easiest way we have found to kill her, is to drag her up the stairs in the NW corner and e-field her in. Cast EVs and direct spells using Repond slayers.

When she makes statues of EVs, kill them before they are released, its easier that way. If she makes statues of you, invis when they are released and they normally disappear .. or again, kill them before they are released - they are much harder to kill when they are released.

Killing copies of pets, Cu's and GD's, is much harder to do, even before they are released.

And the monsters that spawn with her cannot be provoked :(

O

o Kraken o

*waves to Kraken*
*Waves and smiles*

Like Myph I have missed the peerless hunts :)

Work drove me away from peerless hunting back in time, but I hope I can attend on a regular basis this time around. It was so much fun back then!

By the way, I could not find bone knives or acid proof rope at Petra and Barian's shop nor these new snake charmer flutes which are used at the medusa. Whose vendor has a steady supply of these handy peerless key objects these days?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Woo! Kraken and Myph are back! Almost got the old crowd together, just need Mr Grumpy now .. anyone seen him? :eyes:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, I could not find bone knives or acid proof rope at Petra and Barian's shop nor these new snake charmer flutes which are used at the medusa. Whose vendor has a steady supply of these handy peerless key objects these days?
O*T sells them at the shop West of Zento

And I will gladly be coming along again this week!

D

DDesire

yay sweet..

I have a question.. why don't people do the tokuno champ spawn? the one with lizards, hiryuus etc

J

JL from Europa

Count me in. Seems like I need a repond bow, gotta go find one! I'll be going for the keys also but don't have any of the quests.

O

o Kraken o

I'll be going for the keys also but don't have any of the quests.
You need the quests to enter the key gathering areas, yet the quests are mostly easy to get.

To access the Melissande, Dreadhorn and Travesty key gathering areas, you only need to accept single quests.

The only quest, which is a little troublesome is the one for the interred grizzle, since it is a quest chain. You need some pixie legs, unicorn flesh and kirin brain (as far as I remember) before you can access the key gathering area.

To access Paroxymus key area you need acid proof rope and to enter the key area of the Shimmering effusion you simply buy a ticket, which costs 10.000 gp.

Notice:
You need no quests in order to fight a peerless.
You only need quests to gain access to the key gathering areas.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Notice:
You need no quests in order to fight a peerless.
You only need quests to gain access to the key gathering areas.
That is true for the ML peerless, but for the two new SA one's, you do need the quest to get into fight the boss.

For the Stygian Dragon and Medusa you do not get master keys, you sacrifice the keys you collect to an altar in the Abyss which opens a gate to get into the peerless, so you need the Abyss entry quest on the char you take to do them.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with the Stygian Dragon and Medusa you just need to be able to get into the Abyss? Did I read that right?

J

JL from Europa

Right, I got the ML quests but not the SA quests. I went into the Abyss once but got utterly lost, then I died while walking through this corridor where some of the tiles are a path while others damage you. It was funny cause some other player laid gold coins on the safe tiles but my mouse got stuck and I ran to my death :thumbup: after that I gave up.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right, I got the ML quests but not the SA quests. I went into the Abyss once but got utterly lost, then I died while walking through this corridor where some of the tiles are a path while others damage you. It was funny cause some other player laid gold coins on the safe tiles but my mouse got stuck and I ran to my death :thumbup: after that I gave up.
That corridor is in the Underworld, not the Abyss.

When you enter the Underworld from the volcano there is a hidden door on the east wall near Garamon, that gets you through to the Rotworms.

When your in the corridor with the rotworms head north and step through the sparkles, you will get teleported to the other side of the river.

Go NW between the two Minotaur statues and down the stairs, now your in the Abyss :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for a lovely evening, Shame about the Medusa bug though!

And thank you Miss Polly for the whispering rose.

Look forward to next week.

M

Miss Polly

Thanks for another great evening! Despite the silly Medusa teleporting everyone out one by one, I'm sure she'll get what's coming to her soon! :)

Looking forward to next weeks! :eyes: :thumbup:

J

JPDefault

I hope I can participate when I get stronger. Never done a peerless yet... :blushing:

C

cheerful

Firstly thank you all for coming, it seems that a weekly event is popular and so I'll post up most weeks.

Had no negative comments about the change of venue and infact think that most people enjoyed being back in our capital city, I sure liked the look of a busy bank once more.

Great start to the event with cry's of 'crimson' being heard but took a downward turn with the match against medusa.
One by one each player was teleported out of the dungeon just like the halloween evil twin does and must be a bug associated with it. I joked when it started that Reign would be left alone to face her and guess what...

On a sour note there was a problem with Reign's pet and stat loss, I hope that if he reads this you'll post the outcome, especially if it was permanet and needs a warning put out to other tamers.

*JPD* come along, with so many there I'm sure you can get involved without dieing. Anyway, you haven't lived til you died from a peerless !!!!!!

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for another fun evening and I too enjoyed seeing a crowd at Brit bank again. I thought have the spellweave circle there was a bonus too. I'm sorry to hear things did not finish as well as it started, I guess this rat jumped ship at just the right time. Now I am going to have to start to explore what loot I am mainly looking for as I am still very much a peeless noob and dont know whats good, best or incredible loot. Once again thanks for the work you put into making it a fun evening.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks again for an evening of fun hunts! (Although I *cough* muttered a bit when I was teleported out from Medusa when she was all redlined. Soooo close.)

Reign, I keep my fingers crossed you got Coal´s skills sorted.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi all,
I waited to see if the dreadhorse changed bck after server up and it hasnt.
I have put a post up in Uhall warning others.
Id like to say sorry to everyone because just before entering medusa i was running about like a headless chicken.
I got targeted by many things and didnt want to lure it all on the team,
but i do thank everyone for helping me
anyway, thanks alyx for another good evening, im hoping to sort out my internet connection soon so it will get better :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not been able to come along to one of these yet due to real life getting in the way (happens so often!) but I will try to at some point!

O

o Kraken o

hi all,
I waited to see if the dreadhorse changed bck after server up and it hasnt.
I have put a post up in Uhall warning others.
Id like to say sorry to everyone because just before entering medusa i was running about like a headless chicken.
I got targeted by many things and didnt want to lure it all on the team,
but i do thank everyone for helping me
anyway, thanks alyx for another good evening, im hoping to sort out my internet connection soon so it will get better :)
I am really sorry to hear the Medusa bug has permanently bugged your Mare, Myphsar :-(

Medusa's petrification of pets still seems to be bugged. In patch 61 it was fixed how petrification made pets lose their original hue. Now petrification appears to make pets lose their original spellcasting ability! I hope this is a bug that will be corrected soon.

PS: No need to apologize. We all have our headless (battle)chicken moments.

C

cheerful

Sorry to hear that Myph, wish there was a peerless bug we could take our frustration out on. :mad:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, thanks for organising another hunt Alyx, it was great fun :)

Just a shame about getting booted out of Medusa .. maybe we should kill all the statues before they are released.

Myph, sorry to hear about your mare mate, thats crap :(

O

o Kraken o

Firstly thank you all for coming, it seems that a weekly event is popular and so I'll post up most weeks.

Had no negative comments about the change of venue and infact think that most people enjoyed being back in our capital city, I sure liked the look of a busy bank once more.
Thanks for arranging the hunt Alyx. I may have trouble attending next tuesday, but normally tuesday is a good day for me. We must repeat this. Twas' fun!

And I agree. It felt good to see WBB alive again :)