• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Peace over GM

H

Hans

I am making a bard/mage and want to have the following skills:

Mage 110
Med 110
Eval 110
Music 120
Disco 120
Prov 120
Peace 100 or 120?

To make this template work I will use mark of trav, song mantel, spell britches and jewels. My question is how important is it to take peace over gm? I mainly plan on using this for high end peerless and bosses. Peace is just defensive and I figure mainly just area. Is ther situations were you need those extra 20 points or can I get away with just GM?

J

jelinidas

I ended up stoneing peace. Never used it that much except for taming. I would bump the mage to 120, eval to 120 and add resisting spells(100) for what you plan to hunt. Ditch the britches (imho) and get some resist and MR. Killer jewels can save ya mega points to throw around and dont forget the tali (+5 music/+5 provo), the right spell book can offer MR and +magery.

You will love the offensive punch with magery and the defensive side too. Hide can be yer best friend. Just load up on MR!

Also...the right spellbook does wonders! ie slayer books. As does the flute ye play! Good luck!

S

Sarphus

I wouldn't run peace on that template for peerless.

Consider spellweaving. If you can get a lvl 6 focus you can get 60% SDI from arcane empowerment.

You also will have WoD, which is pretty sweet.

5% Luck

What I did with the peace mage was

120 mage
100 med
120 eval
100 music
100 peace
100 hiding
80 stealth

As far as i can see peace over gm isnt usfull anymore unless you add in discord and then the skill timers are a little too much for end game effectiveness.

The peace is a great complement to a stealth mage and a means to break arrgo in a tight area. I use this char to solo dreadhorn keys. I am debating droping this template in favor of the sammpire templates the are said to solo not only the keys but the horn herself.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hans, I have a char template just like that. I keep 120 music and 120 peace on it and then keep disco and provo on solestones. Depending on what I'm fighting will determine which one I use. It works great for getting any of the keys as well as fighting high end monsters.

My template is
120 Music
120 Peace
120 Disco or Provo
115 Mage
115 Eval
110 Med

700 total without items.
Bump up Mage and Eval if your able.

That way I can build a suit for resists, LRC, LMC, SDI, and casting increases.