• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Peace out

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm one of a few lately departing. This time for good. I had come back here and there over the years, last time was a 7 year break.

I have decided to pack it in. Life has gotten quite busy with getting married and truth be told, the game has gotten away from what I used to enjoy.

They keep coming up with new content without fixing the old (i've even made some suggestions on here to make some of the older content appealing again) PVP has gone down the toilet big time. 3rd party programs are the norm. The pets in pvp lately was probably the final coffin. Good for pvm but bad for pvp.

The events and high end monsters are full of multi-clienters etc etc.

Tonight i'll be packing up the contents of my house (I don't own much), banking it, and de-activating the account tonight.

It's been fun. To the people i've played with thanks for the memories :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My buddy trained up a phoenix for pvp from day one, fun little pet(emphasis on little). Then they patched and the phoenix got nerfed AND made HUGE and given ugly colors... /quit
That's a really softball reason to quit. He probably saw what a Hiryu looks like in EC. I could see that making you quit.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's a really softball reason to quit. He probably saw what a Hiryu looks like in EC. I could see that making you quit.
I think the hiryu in 3d looks better instead, the 2d hiryu looks like the old red/white F-16 jet, the swampy like a cucumber(someone started this >10 years ago)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm one of a few lately departing. This time for good. I had come back here and there over the years, last time was a 7 year break.

I have decided to pack it in. Life has gotten quite busy with getting married and truth be told, the game has gotten away from what I used to enjoy.

They keep coming up with new content without fixing the old (i've even made some suggestions on here to make some of the older content appealing again) PVP has gone down the toilet big time. 3rd party programs are the norm. The pets in pvp lately was probably the final coffin. Good for pvm but bad for pvp.

The events and high end monsters are full of multi-clienters etc etc.

Tonight i'll be packing up the contents of my house (I don't own much), banking it, and de-activating the account tonight.

It's been fun. To the people i've played with thanks for the memories :)
The last time I thought i really wanted to quit, I did this:
1) told no one
2) stopped the sub
3) completely forget about the game

Life was too busy to bother about UO and I wasn't even thinking that I would ever play UO again. So my whole castle idoc fell with dozens of soulstone and all my vet rewards etc. Today I would say ouch. Now I am back with 4 accounts.

It seems that you are planning to quit but not as determined as I was. Look at where I am now, 46 years old and playing this old game... lol

With the Ageing population, I think the dev should make the game more appealing to older and slower players like me lol again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro