• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PC & Selling - Double Exceptional Verite Platemails (a set)!

G

Hello,

I was grabbing anniversary gift tokens from an old friend's acc today and came across this interesting set of platemails he had in his bank. So was wondering what they were worth.

Its a set of Verite Platemails (all 6 piece) made by Metroid on Atlantic shard. Any help would be much appreciated. =)

PS: If the prices are good, I wouldnt mind much parting from them to a good buyer, if not I'd just leave them there.

Well here's what they look like:

G

I have the exact same thing on GL but Dull copper Ringmail, name and [Exceptional] too. I got mine from a Luna vendor a long time ago for 400k and have since been offered up to 40 mil for the suit. I still have the suit, so I guess that's what one person would be willing to spend.

G

As individual pieces they can range from around 1-5m depending on the type of armor and the need the individual has for it. As a full set, as someone pointed out they were offered 40m for it, some collectors will pay that, and sometimes more, I've heard of suits going for up to 60m. But, again it comes down to the need the collector has. Are they missing a particular piece by a particular craftsman, are they missing a suit made from a specific ore type, etc.

Also a popular name, well known name, or name involved with the shards history can greatly increase the value of an item.

G

WOW! ... 40mil u say? Hmm.. Anyone on Atlantic willing to buy em?

Haha... well then I'll be on the look out for buyers and Thanks again guys for the quick info

M

mdacc#one

different strokes for different folks i guess. Just doesn't make sense to me that at one time every GM smith can make them and yet people are willing to pay 40 mil for it. I guess after 10 years of this game, depending on when one started playing and their knowledge on the history of this game various items can be sold for lots of money.

G

<blockquote><hr>

different strokes for different folks i guess. Just doesn't make sense to me that at one time every GM smith can make them and yet people are willing to pay 40 mil for it. I guess after 10 years of this game, depending on when one started playing and their knowledge on the history of this game various items can be sold for lots of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is definitely true. Rares that stopped spawning or came about before I started playing are far more interesting to me than ones that occured after.