• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PC on Ornate Axe

• Thread starter imported_shonsu
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_shonsu

Ornate Axe, Enhanced with Bronze
48 HSL
60 HML
62 HLL
30 SSI
43 DI

S

sean_lo

Insaneness... i'm sure you can get 10-20 mil for it if you find the right person. Maybe more.

I

imported_shonsu

Exactly. The thing is, the seller insists that a rich trammy would pay 100 million for it. I did not agree, but wanted to check.

G

Considering how many valorite hammers it would likely take to make a fairly ideal PvM weapon like that, I don't think 100 is out of the realm of reason. PvP'ers pay that much for weapons all the time. So, something optimal for a PvM'er could conceivably cost as much. I'm not saying I'd price it that high (I might), but just providing input regarding how incredibly rare and costly it would normally be to craft. Of course, someone could have gotten lucky and knocked it off on the first try, but that is highly unlikely based on my effort on Test.

I

imported_shonsu

Well IMHO pricing relative to cost of a valorite hammer is misleading. I can craft a nice PVP ornate axe with 5 nice lines hit spell/HLD/HCI/SSI/DI, and while it may take 2 or 3 hammers to make such item, I don't think I can get more than 35-40mill for the item.

100 million to end your search for a PVP weapon I can understand, but for PVM?

G

Some people take their Trammel pursuits very seriously.... check the rares collector forum, for example. Likewise, the people who solo the peerless bosses and dark fathers. It may not be so much a matter of profit, as the satisfaction of accomplishing it. I'd go on test and burn a few hundred valorite runic charges and see if anything matches exactly. Just my observations for you.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shonsu, trying to convince people my axe isn't worth as high as I value it will not skew my opinion

G

Whoever told you that axe is worth 100m is out of their mind.

It has no hld, hla, or hci. The only leeches necessary on it are HSL & HML, and since DI doesnt count as a mod in the traditional sense as do other mods, you have a 4 mod weapon.

10-15m, maybe 20m if someone is desperate, but you can go to any asian shard and find better for 1-5m.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I know is there is no way it is leaving my hands for a price like that. Hitting for up to 220s at 1.5s swings with triple leeches, I don't feel HLA is necessary.... and HCI isn't needed with a pvm ornate, so the mace and shield glasses can cover HLD.

G

<blockquote><hr>

100 million to end your search for a PVP weapon I can understand, but for PVM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely high end PvP weapons can go for more than 100. Extremely high end PvM weapons go for near there. If you look on the warrior/samurai forums, you'll find that some people take PvM to extremes. I'd say that 100M for the ask you posted about is on the high end, but still within reason. Even if it doesn't have HLD/HLA, it's still 5 extremely useful mods. DI is still important regardless of what people say. Sure, you can live without it, but it's still nice to have, and many PvMers will agree that high DI is important on a weapon.

E

Emil_surdeegen

well i can pay 12m to anyone who can come up whit one on europa or if its good enough i come pick it up

I

imported_shonsu

Emil, on a whim I offered 35 mill for the axe, but the offer was denied.

G

I got a nearly identical axe the other day for 500k, the ssi is only 25, and it doesnt have di, but all the other mods are the same with the same intensities.

So yes a tish bit slower, and you need to make up the DI else where, but still a decent axe.