• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pc on gold chess board with all 32 pieces inside

G

That's one of the few mis colored NPC bought items that I'd happily spend up to 5-6 million on,..if however it were on Great Lakes.

G

Pretty positive not, chessmen pieces were 'picked up' I believe from one of the first towns in Fel way back before Tram.

Here's a link to both the chessboard and chessmen in question, although the chessmen have no other info, it's a good site anyways.

G

Yep, chessmen sans board are a serverbirth.

Edit: And/or there was a bug to remove them from the chessboards or something. Memory from 10 years ago is foggy, sorry, but I remember some cooldude showing me something like that.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeh I have a gold chess board with no pieces...is THAT worth anything?

G

I suppose if it still is a playable item, the pieces will appear when u view it when NOT in your backpack. Try locking it down somewhere safe and give it a whirl.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's exactly it..I locked it down and when I opened it, all 32 pieces where there...and when I release it, it says 0 again...never played chess in game OR in real life *laughs*

So this is a rare mis-hued item from how long ago? I'd never knew they existed until I saw this thread, and then a friend of mine gave me one yesterday! Talk about timing.

G

I believe this dates back to when Tram opened up and on several different servers, shop npc's for some reason or another had available for sale, items mis-hued. I'm also guessing this was one of the very few items that got out in circulation and x-fered to wherever. As I said earlier though, I'd personally plop down several million for such an item if it were on GL, as I have already for many other mis hued Tram intro items..ie purple leg of lamb, strength potion, bowl of carrots and the such.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohh yeah I've seen the mis-hued leg of lamb..purple isn't it? And potions.

How interesting! So it's worth holding on to...thanks!

I'm on Origin unfortunatly or I'd be more then happy to sell it to you...unfortunatly Origin isn't the best place for rares collectors...*sighs*

OHhh speaking of rares...I hate to start a new thread, and I know I've seen it here before.....I have a Large Forge (facing East) Deed....that I read was rare as well?

A friend who's been playing since the beginning just dumped all of her stuff on me....5 accounts worth lol and she had ALOT of stuff like this...vendor deed for a vendor named Olive and one other...forget the name...

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A "Large Forge (Facing East) Deed" is rare, but not super-rare--perhaps in the 50k to 100k on Great Lakes. If it's a "Big Forge (Facing East) Deed" then I think it would be in the 1-1.5 million range.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the info..it IS a BIG forge...

So explain to me why this is worth so much? I'm still a newbie when it comes to rares..thanks!

G

<blockquote><hr>

So explain to me why this is worth so much? I'm still a newbie when it comes to rares..thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because 'big' forge deeds were only available for a short time long ago. Nice find.

L

Lady Tigerlily

Yes it includes both white and black chessmen and is playable.