• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PC on cloak

• Thread starter imported_Galdrion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Galdrion

can someone please give me a general price range to seel an etherial cloak for?

G

I've seen them sell for 4-10m recently, but be aware they are duped items, and are considered not illegal.

This means that EA could decide to make them illegal and/or delete them at any time, or take further action involving ones account.

Or they could do nothing at all.

But be warned, there is a potential risk in owning one, plus you're saying you support duping by owning and wearing one.

T

themaster879

Ive seen these things sell for like 4-7m on Great Lakes myself.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for bringing this one up, yet another changeling duped item that killed the value of an actual event item

these things are not rare and im not really for sure why there being allowed to be posted here....

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you for bringing this one up, yet another changeling duped item that killed the value of an actual event item

these things are not rare and im not really for sure why there being allowed to be posted here....

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the OP guy did not know it was made by a dupe.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SIG!

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh i know hehe, i was just pointing it out, as alot of ppl lately are thinking these things are rare, and arguing the fact that their not
....no offence to the OP hehe

G

quite right, guard sash clothing to me says about the owner 'i am a muppet' unless of course its an original. but.....we all know that ethe cloaks will never be deleted despite what is said

G

<blockquote><hr>

quite right, guard sash clothing to me says about the owner 'i am a muppet' unless of course its an original. but.....we all know that ethe cloaks will never be deleted despite what is said

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt agree more, heh

M

mdacc#one

but be aware they are duped items, and are considered not illegal

hehe, does that mean they are legal (not illegal = legal)

Anyhow, here we go again. How can anyone justify one dupe and call it a rare and the other dupe not a rare? Besides, buying knockoffs as long as their legality haven't been determined by EA, people will contiue to buy it. But that's beside the point, the question here is are they "rare". Yes they are, they are a "rare" because they fit the properties of a "rare" i.e. limited quantity, not everyone has one, you can't make them anymore, and is not a normal item.

Look at the real world, how many are buying knockoffs on purses, watches, paintings. Not everyone can afford the real thing, some people are fine on knockoff versions just because they can use it for decoration or wear it because it makes them look or feel good. Whats wrong with that?

Sure, UO deleted the shrouds, but thats just 1 type out of so many that are still not fixed, will they fix it? who know, but should this keep people from buying? I don't think so. Otherwise, no one should buy 80% of the rares out there because most are probably dupped.

I can go through anyone's museum including yours and find items that have been dupped. Bottom line is just because UO can't find a way to identify real dupes doesnt make it a legitimate rare. Either you call all rares - rares, or only unique items (only 1 exist) rares.

However, I am willing to compromise. There is one category we can throw in that would limit these items and that is price. If lets say one of the attributes of calling a rare "a rare" is they must be worth retail at least 10 mil, then that would pretty much wipe out all those items (doggy dupped). But the majority has to agree on that. I am cool with that.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I thought the rule for these were..

It's not illegal to own or wear? A duped item but illegal to sell...at least I thought that was it.

I really hope so because I love my ethy cloak. I have been offered 30 mil for it before and I straight out said to the guy no it's a dupe not worth anything I just like it cus it looks cool.

So no, I don't condone the actions on how it was created, but yeah I like it and I wear it all the time. It's just too bad that you can't put a finite list of what has or has not been duped so people knew, not just the rare's collectors but every one, you know?

G

<blockquote><hr>

hehe, does that mean they are legal (not illegal = legal)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not illegal and legal are two different things, at least in the sense of uo.

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who has, owns, or wears one is low on the scale and on my personal wall of shame in my book.

I hope they do the same thing they did to those Shrouds to screw everyone over. OR they could just ban them all, that would be better...

G

I just don't get this forum. The attitudes and gripping is extremely unfriendly to new people of the game. I've only been in UO online for 14 months and came to this forum to learn about interesting item and not throw away something good from an IDOC.

Dupped items suck but how would I know if something I bought or found in an IDOC is a dup? And if I proudly display such an item the certain people would look down on me? Give me a break and lighten up. I'm very happy that I don't give a hoot what people think of me. If I had an ethy cloak I would wear it because it is cool. I have no ability to know if it was a dup. Just because a lowely person like me has one, some of the almight RARES collectors would spit on me. I think such people are bitter about the cheating. Fine don't take it out on the average non-cheating players. I would believe that at least one thing in every museum is likely a dup. So look down on yourself for a change you are supporting dupping with your excessive extreme bids on items.

Just my two cents, go ahead and blast me now I care not.

G

I have and wear an ethy cloak. I didnt buy it, it was given to me. I havnt sold even though I too have been offered upwards of 40 mil for it. I dont think its a rare I just like the way it looks. I dont care if people think Im low.

Ill just chock it up to ignorance. I mean that sweet Ornament you have, or maybe your IRs, or even your jackals could have been dupes if you bought them...

So take your holier than thou attitude and shove it.

G

Omni, the difference is that you can't prove that an artifact or in many cases that a specific event rare has been duped, nor could the Gm's or dev team if its been transfered as that changes the item id. I know without a doubt that your ethereal cloak has been duped though, and that is the difference.

One is a possibility which can never be proven, the other is a certified fact.

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Omni, the difference is that you can't prove that an artifact or in many cases that a specific event rare has been duped, nor could the Gm's or dev team if its been transfered as that changes the item id. I know without a doubt that your ethereal cloak has been duped though, and that is the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I mean, Once again DVI you never cease to amaze me

M

mdacc#one

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You're trying to justify the difference between knowing a 100% certainty on the cloak vs. 99.999999% certainty on vine cords and based on that dictate what belongs in this foreum and not? That's the kind of thinking that gets younger players from never wanting to start collecting. All the people who owns fake rolexes, purses, paintings, desinger clothing or anything other than the originals are low lifes? Is that truely the message you want to send out?

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm....Yea? =/

ppl who buy knock off crap hurt the original companys profit in doing so, why pay $500 for a watch or purse or sumthin when you can get the knock off for $50 =/

cant say ive ever bought a knock off anything lol, kinda tacky IMO

and lets not get reality confused with virtuality hehe

No one is trying to Dictate or jusitify that rares such as vine cords have or havent been duped, we know they have, the only point he was making is that there is absolutely no way on earth to tell which one is real and which is the dupe, where as on the other hand we can 110% tell you what exactly has been changeling duped and what hasnt. He even made a list for just this very reason.

Changeling duped items are freggin JUNK i dont see how on EARTH anyone can think otherwise....ESPECIALLY rare collectors and dealers such as your self, Take Nails for example....he Owns the ORIGINAL Glacial Spell Book, that he bought from you manti for how much exactly?? and what do you think that book is worth now? considering theres absolutely no difference in it than the changeling duped one.

thats my point, Changeling duped items KILLED the value of REAL honest event items. and ppl who buy this bull crap are supporting the idiots the used this exploit. if you buy or sell this stuff then your no better than the pieces of Sheet that started this whole mess.

So Please, Stop trying to justify this crap, its junk. End of Story

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh I think really nowadays it just boils down to personal preference. EA has decided to leave these items in a gray area for a long time, so of course there is going to be some issue with them from different parts of the playerbase. Me, I'm not so big on the changeling dupes but I really don't care if other people have them or display them.

I'd certainly like for people to not support duping by not wearing these things, but it's unrealistic to expect everyone to do what you want them to do, and with something like this really not such a big deal after all this length of time that has passed since they entered the game, there is no use getting angry with someone who likes their lil changeling dupes.

If these items get deleted or changed or whatever I'd be really surprised. The amount of time they have been in game is starting to make it look like they will be with us forever. So really Jeremy et al just need to decide what stance to take then come and tell us. I'd be fine with them going either way.

M

mdacc#one

<blockquote><hr>

Ummm....Yea? =/

ppl who buy knock off crap hurt the original companys profit in doing so, why pay $500 for a watch or purse or sumthin when you can get the knock off for $50 =/

cant say ive ever bought a knock off anything lol, kinda tacky IMO

and lets not get reality confused with virtuality hehe

No one is trying to Dictate or jusitify that rares such as vine cords have or havent been duped, we know they have, the only point he was making is that there is absolutely no way on earth to tell which one is real and which is the dupe, where as on the other hand we can 110% tell you what exactly has been changeling duped and what hasnt. He even made a list for just this very reason.

Changeling duped items are freggin JUNK i dont see how on EARTH anyone can think otherwise....ESPECIALLY rare collectors and dealers such as your self, Take Nails for example....he Owns the ORIGINAL Glacial Spell Book, that he bought from you manti for how much exactly?? and what do you think that book is worth now? considering theres absolutely no difference in it than the changeling duped one.

thats my point, Changeling duped items KILLED the value of REAL honest event items. and ppl who buy this bull crap are supporting the idiots the used this exploit. if you buy or sell this stuff then your no better than the pieces of Sheet that started this whole mess.

So Please, Stop trying to justify this crap, its junk. End of Story

[/ QUOTE ]

Nails glacial spellbook is the only item that is affected by the changling dupe on value.

If he decides to sell his real etheral cloak, he will still get hundreds of mil offers. Same with if anyone is selling the real mongbat earrings, friendship earrings, the real glacial gargoyle pic axe. You are mixing up your own argument. Your argument should have been for the real duppes not changling dupes. THe real dupped items affected their original items and not changling dupes.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No....real dupes honestly havent really affect the prices of any rares as of yet, 2 story statues still go for 150-200m, Vine Cords still pull around 300m or so (they've droped a bit since 30 sumthin of em were found on pac sure)

But the Changeling duped items have killed value for alot of stuff, you say he will still get hundreds of mils for the ethy cloak? i beg to differ, why would someone wana pay 100's of mils for something they can get for just a few mils when its the exact same thing, the only difference in the glacial pick axe is that the real one says Gargoyle on it, so who would wana pay 50-60m for the real one when the fake one is almost the exact same thing for only a cpl mils??

You know, i think we are both fighting a loosing battle here, this will be a never ending argument. So i give up and ill drop the matter if everyone else will

in my personal opinion changeling duped items are CRAP, you know what i do with them when i get em from a vend fall, idoc, or something like that?? i put em in the trash can where they belong.

G

Well as I said I dont think the ethy cloak is a rare. I wouldnt sell it just for that reason. I like the way it looks, thats it. I didnt buy it, I didnt sell it, I didnt trade it. It was given to me. If I decide to get rid of it , it goes in the trash.

Im not a duper/scripter. I dont like them either. But by implying that I am one cause I wear the cloak is kinda lame. But we all have our opinions.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

No....real dupes honestly havent really affect the prices of any rares as of yet, 2 story statues still go for 150-200m, Vine Cords still pull around 300m or so (they've droped a bit since 30 sumthin of em were found on pac sure)

[/ QUOTE ]

Vine cords were selling for close to 1 billion about a year and half ago. Now they sell for approximately 250M. Furthermore, if there was still only one pair of vine cords, like it should be, then that pair would be selling for at least 2 billion gold.

So, please stop saying that duping does not affect the prices because it cannot be further from the truth. What you mean is that dupes can still fetch a decent amount of gold if they have certain amount of desirability and the supply is still controlled to some extent. That is not same as the former in any manner. Kapish

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bout a year and a half ago gold was at .50 too, which would explain why the price was so high.

price of gold got higher so price of items got lower, its simple economics.

so no, Tomas, your the only one here thats further from the truth hehe.

Dupes have hurt the prices of items "Some" but not that much at all

but any ways as ive said in other posts and maybe even this one, im giving up this arguement its a never ending battle.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If gold was valued .50 cents at the time, I would not have used that example. I happen to be a very smart person. This was shortly after gold had bounced back up. Anyways, there are quite a few examples of vine cords fetching around 1000 usd from that time period. Compare that to now.

You better give up on this argument because you are completely wrong.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

but any ways as ive said in other posts and maybe even this one, im giving up this arguement its a never ending battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should read my whole post :p

never said you wasnt a smart person tomas hehe

but almost 2 years ago gold was definitely not what its at today, it was quite lower, which would account for the price being so high, and the highest amount ive ever seen vine cords sell for was 750m, around that time period...

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Negative. this was after the deletions and gold coming back up. My friend sold his vine cords for 1000 usd.

Anyways, you would agree that if vine cords had not been duped - as in, only ONE EXIST - it would be worth significantly more than currently. No?

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would agree that it would probably be worth more than 300-400m or so yes.

but like i said, im done arguing about this, its never ending

M

mandosa-nice

I have sold my vine cord sandal in the duped moment for 750usd here so 300m is a little price.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

i would agree that it would probably be worth more than 300-400m or so yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not probably, definitely.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i can finally rest my case on this matter and gloat as if ive won something hehe

<blockquote><hr>

Draconi - Event items, or any item, really, that have been duped or exploited, including certain blaze colored clothes, will be investigated. The issue on the whole is broad, and we won't comment on timing or actions we'll take to rectify cheating. It should be noted though that any item flagged as an exploit has no guarantee, regardless of how it was obtained. Remember the monk's robes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I was never arguing about/for the stupid changeling dupes. Me and xel have had them banned from our mall since day 1.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he said that goes for obviously duped event items and such no matter how they were obtained, meaning they could potentially kill these Ari and bal shrouds and vine cords.....no one has any idea as of yet tho, so we will all just have to wait and see

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope people think twice before buying items that are known to be duped, instead of crying later.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of ppl dont care, and Lots of ppl have even posted here saying they dont care. But i think draconi showd us tonight what happens if you dont care hehe. like ive said before, the monk robes were just the start of it im sure, hopefully even all of these vine cords and such will be removed soon, he didnt state anything specific, yet he never does, so we will all just have to wait and see i guess.

But yes, ive argued this till im blue in the face so if ANYONE starts crying "my item got changed into junk" then they should seriously be banned from this forum Lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

But the Changeling duped items have killed value for alot of stuff, you say he will still get hundreds of mils for the ethy cloak? i beg to differ, why would someone wana pay 100's of mils for something they can get for just a few mils when its the exact same thing, the only difference in the glacial pick axe is that the real one says Gargoyle on it, so who would wana pay 50-60m for the real one when the fake one is almost the exact same thing for only a cpl mils??

You know, i think we are both fighting a loosing battle here, this will be a never ending argument. So i give up and ill drop the matter if everyone else will

in my personal opinion changeling duped items are CRAP, you know what i do with them when i get em from a vend fall, idoc, or something like that?? i put em in the trash can where they belong.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the name of the original ethrial cloak?

M

mdacc#one

Cloak of Shadows owned by Nails Warstein.

The cloak was part of the Talkeesh arc of which Nails owns nearly one of every item that came out of that arc. One of the most impressive sets of items out there.

M

mdacc#one

<blockquote><hr>

he said that goes for obviously duped event items and such no matter how they were obtained, meaning they could potentially kill these Ari and bal shrouds and vine cords.....no one has any idea as of yet tho, so we will all just have to wait and see

[/ QUOTE ]

when was the last time you've seen a bal shroud sold?

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

when was the last time you've seen a bal shroud sold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been a while BUT they WERE duped and we all know that, so all im saying is the duped ones will potentially be deleted in the near future, from what draconi has said, thats all im saying, not saying theres a ton of em out there like Ari or Vine Cords, im just saying they WERE duped and the duped ones could be removed soon

I

imported_Galdrion

youd think id keep up to date on the posts that i made... well anyway from what ive heard from guildies and friends they fixed the way to dupe them... they are legal to own dont know about selling... and i believe they deleted most of them but a few "survivors" still float around... guess ill just hang it up on the wall or something