• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PC: Metal Box

G

I've found a few of these at idocs and don't know what they're worth. I've seen some in Luna priced between 500K and 900K on Chessy. Can that be right?

Gold color, title says Metal Box.

Thanks.

G

There are different varieties.

The first has the normal item cap - Most shards about 100k-300k
If you lock this version down, then turn it with a interior decorating tool, then release it and relock it the name will change from Metal Box to Strong Box

The second should be capped at 25 items(this version is worth more)
This version should just say strong box I believe, and is from the time period when co-owners were given storage boxes in houses.

G

Thanks for the quick reply. Mine are the standard, normal item cap version.

G

you're welcome....generally about 100k-300k, although im sure the value is higher on some shards and lower on others.

They also tend to be quite popular as they're a nice break from the normal container options. I generally will only use gold metal chests, or double exceptional small wooden chests, or large double exceptional wooden chests.

W

weezer

how much are the 25 item gold chests worth? I have about 10 of those that I have picked up at idocs in the last year or so...

G

Erm.. they are all the same as far as I know...
You just turn them with a deco tool.

G

The old co-owner boxes might change names with a deco tool as well, but theyre a different item and harder to find

G

Much harder to find the 25 item limit ones, you can still get gold boxes from idocs when there is stuff left in the moving crate. They fixed it so you couldn't drop a house with items in the crate, but it could still go idoc and fall - which means here and there I've been at falls where there was nothing but a few gold boxes with plants or other junk in em, the person probably picked up a new house and tried to demo the old and couldn't, and didn't know it was a moving crate issue.

So yeah, it's therefore possible to still make them by creating your own idoc houses, place a house and get a lot of junk in the crate, then place another after a week to condemn the first (another six days wait), then camp the first one to grab boxes. A lot of effort for a few gold boxes, but hey, if someone wants em bad enough there ya go.

Anyways, the 25 item limit ones were illegal so I tossed a bunch when I found them from house falls. They aren't as useful also, since, uh, they can only hold 25 items (huh-doy, Sarah). I probably have a couple still, floating around. I kept a lot of metal boxes for decorating and for displaying items on vendors, but I also sell them for like 25k or something. They sell every once in a while, but I don't keep them on any kind of rares vendor, just on one of my 'container' furny vendors.