• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pc Idiot here...

• Thread starter StaticOnAtlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

StaticOnAtlantic

Soooooo I have a quick question.

Pc idiot question I know.

So I built a computer from newegg (Which is really easy, so easy... well a caveman or a UO player can do it :) ).

So heres my specs (edit) ill just list my mobo and you should be able to answer.

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

question 1 : I have a Vizio HDMI 42 inch LCD tv that I want to use as my monitor, but I want the sound to come out of my tv speakers. Possible?

question 2: My old computer screens cable is now just hooked up to the "rgb" section of the TV. can I use an HDMI cable to run video aswell?

Thanks for any help!

BTW specs are

AMD quad core 3.0 GHZ
Dual Geforce 450 GTS SLI cards
8gb ram
Windows 7 Ultimate

B

Beer_Cayse

Not having done this but knowing just enough to get into trouble ...

You should be able to run HDMI cable to the TV with no problem, disconnecting the D-Sub connection you currently have. For audio, I believe you'd need to run cabling from the motherboard analog audio output port(s) to the audio in of the TV. I looked on Newegg for Vizio items where I could see the connection panel to insure I wasn't 100% speaking out of my as ... er, ear. None (32-45" units) had any connector panel pics.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HDMI does video and audio. Once you've hooked up an HDMI cable it should put the audio out through the TV as well as the video without any changes on your part.

B

Beer_Cayse

okay - as I said, no experience on that. thanks for clearing it up.